Author Topic: Need to know info of the useless variety.  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Need to know info of the useless variety.
« on: October 05, 2013, 10:18:09 pm »
The metre (Commonly spelt meter by parking inspectors and other ignoramuses...) 
 The meter is the basic unit of length in the SI system of units. The meter is defined to be the distance light travels through a vacuum in exactly 1/299792458 seconds (*)
. 1 m is about 39.37 inches. Meters are abbreviated using a lower case "m" in measurements.

(*) aka a bees dick.

RPM.
According to the International System of Units (SI), rpm is not a unit. This is because the Revolution is a semantic annotation rather than a unit. The annotation is instead done in the subscript of the formula sign if needed. Because of the measured physical quantity, the formula sign has to be f for (rotational) frequency and ? or ? for angular velocity. The corresponding basic SI unit is s?1 or Hz. When measuring angular speed, rad·s?1 can also be used as unit.

1 rad·s?1 = 60/2? rpm = c.9.55 rpm = 1/2? Hz.

Even though angular velocity, angular frequency and hertz all have the dimensions of 1/s, angular velocity and angular frequency are not expressed in hertz, but rather in an appropriate angular unit such as radians per second. Thus a disc rotating at 60 revolutions per minute (rpm) is said to be rotating at either 2? rad/s or 1 Hz, where the former measures the angular velocity and latter reflects the number of complete revolutions per second. The conversion between a frequency f measured in hertz and an angular velocity ? measured in radians per second are:

\omega = 2 \pi f\,\,\! and \,\,f = \frac {\omega} {2 \pi}\text{.}\,\!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:40:26 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Need to know info of the useless variety.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 10:32:46 pm »
Ahhhh, thank Christ....now I can sleep! ::) ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:36:17 pm »
And here is a site that appeals to nuts like me.  Small motorcycle supercharging .

http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/supercharging.html

Seriously it is worth a read ;) Four and two stroke blowers explained, with lots of pictures..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 10:43:56 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:25 am »
what is a fact? a fact is a micro organism that swims around on the bottom of the ocean collecting fish farts for spirit levels  ;) :D

and was it the  Italian Micro Farrad that has the Megacycle ???