Author Topic: Pucture sealants - non vmx  (Read 824 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
Pucture sealants - non vmx
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:21:54 PM »
Anyone considering or having put puncture preventitive fluid into their tubeless tyres, don't do it unless it is an emergency, get you home situation.
Having had 3 different wheels brought in over the last couple of weeks and seeing what this crap does to alloy has put me right of this type of product.
2 of the wheels had the stuff put in prior to a long trip nearly 12 months ago and it has severely corroded the inside of the rims to the piont that the only way they will hold air is to fit a tube or pour more of the crap into the tyre to seal up the rotting alloy.
The other had only been in the tyre for a week and had already started to lift the paint and eat into the alloy.
If you do have to use it, have the tyre removed and patched and clean all of this stuff out before it stuffs your wheels.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pucture sealants - non vmx
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »
Never considered it but thanks for the heads up.... after seeing a bottle of finilec xplode over a bloke during a stack, ive never been interested in it

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:00:03 PM »
I bought a KDX 200 with a badly corroded wheel, was wondering how it got so bad.
Maybe it was corrosion caused by puncture preventitive fluid???

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:23:26 PM »
after seeing a bottle of finilec xplode over a bloke during a stack, ive never been interested in it
That was me at Menai back in 1971. That shit is evil....'Satans ejaculate' as  my old mate used to call it.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha