Author Topic: Toowoomba Nationals Today  (Read 8428 times)

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Toowoomba Nationals Today
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 07:51:36 PM »
I wouldn't buy a new 4T, you need to remortgage your house to rebuild it!

I'm banking, and saving for the FI 2T that cant be too far away:)

I'd like to see the Nats go back to basics again, Kevin Williams to disappear, he has had his finger in the til for far too long now. I'm curious to see how Yarrive Konsky goes with ASX. I think his passion for the sport is unprecedented and his ambitions to see it succeed, could knock old KW off his perch, and hopefully Yarrive takes over the Nats aswell:) 

Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »
Konsky is no better than Williams. I haven't heard many good reports about the other things he runs including the Honda team.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »
Konsky is no better than Williams. I haven't heard many good reports about the other things he runs including the Honda team.

Oh Great!! Maybe I'll give it a go then  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers

Nada

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 09:51:51 PM »
I was talking to Gally today and he said there's a meeting on Monday after Coolum with  Williams, the sponsors, team owners, riders, pretty much everyone involved, they are all sick of it....there wont be a Nationals soon and there wont be any decent young riders coming through to carry on at an elite level to go overseas....most of the fast guys at the moment are all older riders. I'd like to be a fly on the wall there.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 08:50:15 AM »
SO go and be 'our' fly on the wall......please.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
If anyone was offended by the noise the Suzuki, that had the baffle fall out, made in the 1st MX1 race, please ring or email MA. I complained and was told it wasn't dangerous etc, etc. I think that was just bulls@#$, the bike wasn't black flagged because there were only sixteen bikes in the race. Also I thought it was No 77 apparently it was No 11.

As for it not being dangerous, I believe it was dangerous to the health of the spectators and the other riders. It is also dangerous for the future of our sport to ignore things like that.

Bring back 2 strokes and get rid of those noisy, smelly, expensive four strokes.

I have also posted this in another thread.

As for the health of the National MX Champs. While Kevin W does deserve criticism, he also deserves praise. He has lifted the profile of the Championships in the last thirteen or so years, but he does need to change things so the true privateers can afford to compete. Team riders not only share the series prizemoney at the end of the Championships but they get bonus money from the importers. There needs to be round prizemoney for all points scorers and privateer series money at the end.  Also a privateer should be a rider who works a normal job and works out of a van or trailer.

Maybe the importers need to take some of the sponsorship money and distribute it to privateers at the end of the series. Contingency money for privateers.

Anyway the decisions won't be made by us and we don't have a right to know what is being discussed. We aren't directly affected so it is NOOB.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
"Anyway the decisions won't be made by us and we don't have a right to know what is being discussed. We aren't directly affected so it is NOOB."
Not true Kev, both topics you broached upon effect us directly.
The noise issue needs to be sorted ...and soon.
"One loud bike closes Echo Valley"
 Not he sort of headline we would want to read, but that is what could happen, all becuse of what one knob thinks is OK.
The other issue does effect us all equally as it is the future of the sport.
Why wouldn't any of us want to know what goes on in that meeting....you're saying we should be sponsors or promoters or riders to be involved...sorry mate , it's our f#$%ng money that got the sport this far, through buying the manufactures bikes down the years that got motocross to where it is, NOTHING ELSE!
One suggestion I do have is to share the gate with the riders....the more promotion you do as a rider or sponsor, the more return you will get.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »
The people directly affected are the ones that need to be involved. Too many Mrs Jessops getting involved does not help. Just look at the negatives this forum had on the Classic Nationals. Sometimes everyone doesn't need to know everything. Just look at what rubber neckers do to traffic when there is a prang.

As for noise everyone needs to take responsibility for control, but everyone wants to pass the buck. We all put it in the too hard basket. If you were offended by that bike ring/email MA.

How many people out there really know what is involved in running meetings and how many go out of their way to assist. Go to your club meeting and ask your club what you can do to help. If you do don't expect to be telling the bobcat operator what to do. You have to earn the right to do that. Be prepared to do the lowly tasks, emptying bins, cleaning toilets etc.

Also thanks ba-02-xr to you and your wife for helping your club, clubs need more people like you. Hopefully you won't be burnt out too quickly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:37:25 PM by KTM47 »

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »
I agree about "no Mrs Jessops" but VMX as a whole might have a need to have someone present.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »
Also thanks ba-02-xr to you and your wife for helping your club, clubs need more people like you. Hopefully you won't be burnt out too quickly.
[/quote]

As many people out there, we have been doing this for a long time. It does s%#t me when people make excusses not to help, my 18 year old son will only have mum or me to wipe his face when he comes in at the local club day if 1 of us has to do the canteen or flag. Or the best won I saw was the 22 year olds girl friend jumped in the van & hid when the club was looking for flag marshals for the sacond half of the day.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »

As many people out there, we have been doing this for a long time. It does s%#t me when people make excusses not to help, my 18 year old son will only have mum or me to wipe his face when he comes in at the local club day if 1 of us has to do the canteen or flag. Or the best won I saw was the 22 year olds girl friend jumped in the van & hid when the club was looking for flag marshals for the sacond half of the day.
[/quote]

Yes I understand your frustrations. I have learnt not to let it worry me. I am not involve now at club level, but would get involved again if circumstances changed.

Kevin

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »
I was talking to Gally today and he said there's a meeting on Monday after Coolum with  Williams, the sponsors, team owners, riders, pretty much everyone involved, they are all sick of it....there wont be a Nationals soon and there wont be any decent young riders coming through to carry on at an elite level to go overseas....most of the fast guys at the moment are all older riders. I'd like to be a fly on the wall there.

I agree about "no Mrs Jessops" but VMX as a whole might have a need to have someone present.

I'm sorry but what makes you think this meeting has anything to do with VMX.

You may also find that everyone isn't totally dissatisfied with Williams they just want him to help the true privateers more and maybe promote the sport more, not just leave it up to the clubs.

Vaughan vacancies will come up on the various MA Commissions at the end of the year, so why don't you put your name forward, you seem to have an opinion on everything.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
"Anyway the decisions won't be made by us and we don't have a right to know what is being discussed. We aren't directly affected so it is NOOB."
Not true Kev, both topics you broached upon effect us directly.
The noise issue needs to be sorted ...and soon.
"One loud bike closes Echo Valley"
Not he sort of headline we would want to read, but that is what could happen, all because of what one knob thinks is OK.

Need i remind everyone of whats happening with Barrabool at the moment?? Hmmm?
Cheers

Nada