Author Topic: Barrabool Motocross Championships 18th August Pre 85  (Read 1769 times)

Offline tazo

• Novice
    • View Profile
Barrabool Motocross Championships 18th August Pre 85
« on: August 10, 2013, 12:08:03 pm »
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1098449_353512768111941_1831491405_n.jpg

Hi All,

I would just like to let you know we have a pre 85 class in our Championships I would love to see plenty of Vintage machines there. Repacking of mufflers may be in order as we have to noise test all bikes prior to riding. 
We are encouraging all to attend with a great mixture of classes with the inclusion of a non comp class in both Seniors and Juniors for those who would like to see what a club day is all about for a very minimal cost. Please read the below

BARRABOOL MOTOCROSS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Hi everyone,

Next Sunday August 18th Sporting Motor Cycle Club is holding Rnd 1 of our 2 round club Championships. Rnd 2 is scheduled for October 6th. See the attached flier for all the info.

Don’t miss this event as it is guaranteed to be a great fun days racing! This event will not only see who the contenders will be for the 2013 SMCC Club Championships, it is designed to be a ‘must do’ event for grass roots riders who want the opportunity to ride an event ‘with a difference’ in a fun and casual environment.

This will be a ‘once only’ course, a mix of Natural terrain motocross and undulating grass track – no big jumps, just full throttle fun! Lots of practice and track time for riders are the aim of the day! A feature of the day will be a handicap race – always a crowd pleaser! Our sponsor for this event is TRANSMOTO MAGAZINE – who will be providing the awards for the first 3 placegetters – being ONE YEAR SUBCRIPTIONS to their great mag!

There will be the usual Championship classes plus some casual ‘non competition’ events for those who want to ‘give club racing a go’. These events will cater for both senior and junior novice riders including those who have never ridden a race day but would like to see what it is all about. Through assistance from Motorcycling Victoria, special ‘Come and Try’ licenses will be issued free by the club. Riders in this class don’t miss out on awards either – several lucky recipients picked at random will also receive ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTIONS to TRANSMOTO MAGAZINE!

New members most welcome – there will be low cost introductory memberships available on the day.

Members please note! A working bee to set up the track etc. will be held on Saturday afternoon prior – 1pm Saturday 17th. We need helpers for the working bee as well as for running the event on Sunday! These events can not be run by just a few – all members are required to do their bit. Please help with flag or marshalling duties on the day, or perhaps bring a friend who can help. Any offers of help prior to the event would be most appreciated! Please reply email to [email protected]

See you there!

S.M.C.C.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:09:59 pm by tazo »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Barrabool Motocross Championships 18th August Pre 85
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 12:16:07 pm »
Fantastic...Thanks for posting this event up !!  8)
Will you be running the pre85s in the next round in October ??
Best is in the West !!

Offline tazo

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 12:20:18 pm »
Yes VMX247 Pre 85 will be part of the championship and also can ride the handicap feature race with moderns.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 02:29:36 pm »
Here is something all you Victorians should be supporting if you're as keen as you say to help promote VMX and ensure the future of the sport.
Fantastic track perfect for vintage bikes..

Offline tazo

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:42:38 am »
We now have a pre 90 class as well as the pre 85 class, they will run in the same race but with staggered start. All bikes must pass noise testing.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:57:09 am »
It's got me buggered why the Victorians are showing little or no interest on here for these races, I couldn't think of a better track to ride a vintage mxer..

Offline tazo

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33:28 am »
Yeh, I'm hearing you JohnnyO as you said in an earlier post it's a great way to promote VMX. I know when we had the pre 85 class in our senior sunday series a few years ago it was well received by all, we didn't get a real lot turn up but we had enough to have a good race.

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 11:41:43 am »
I can't make it to this one, "friends wedding" but I hope to get to the October one.
We should drag the old crew out of the woodwork.  Would be great fun.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider