Author Topic: Cheney B50 on eBay.  (Read 3965 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Cheney B50 on eBay.
« on: August 15, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »
Our old Swapmeet mate Mark Palermo is offering another of his overpriced bykes. It's about twice what its worth. The bloke's a flake.
                                                                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHENEY-BSA-B50-MX-CLASSIC-VINTAGE-ERIC-CHENEY-BSA-B50MX-MOTOCROSS-ER-/161086335224

VERY RARE FIND - AN ORIGINAL -( ERIC CHENEY -) BSA B50 MX  -( THE REAL DEAL ) - THESE BYKES WERE FACTORY HAND-BUILT  BY CHENEY FOR GRAND PRIX ( FIM ) RACING - THE FRAMES ARE MADE OF 512 REYNOLDS TUNGSTEN STEEL - THE ENGINE IS FULLY BUILT & RUNS VERY STRONG - THIS BYKE IS FITTED WITH SIMONS FORKS & WORKS SHOCKS - THESE BYKES ARE EXTREMELY RARE - THIS ONE HAS BEEN IN MY COLLECTION FOR YEARS - THE BYKE IS SOLD AS-IS - AUCTION / SALE IS FOR THE BYKE ONLY - I HAVE MANY OTHER CLASSIC BIKES AND VINTAGE ITEMS LISTED -( ???'s JUST CALL !!! )- 441 66 67 68 69 70 B50 BEEZER ( CHENEY / BSA B50 )

I DO NOT ACCEPT ( P A Y - P A L ) !!!!!

I HAVE ADDITION PHOTOS - JUST ASK.

I CAN HELP WITH SHIPPING IN OR OUT OF THE COUNTRY ( BUT THE BUYER IS

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Cheney B50 on eBay.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:35 pm »
Looking at the banana swingarm it made me think that it was a very late Cheney BSA byke, but the swingarmpivot on the frame is pre -74, and has had the adjustment welded shut....
But the swing got what looks like Cheney adjusters also...  Looks a bit mix and match to me, but I'm no expert....

This is about the latest Cheney BSA I've seen, it has the latest type swingarmpivot, but still has a straight arm...

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 05:02:54 pm »
For sure wouldn't mind having Palermo's byke though!! ;D

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »
must be worth that its a BYKE
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 05:54:04 pm »
WOW that is alot of money.
For that kind of money I would want it to have some new guards that arent all faded and a seat that was a little less wild in colour.  Just my preference by hey there you go.  Side panels are interseting.  Never seen them moulded like that before around the shock on a Cheney of that age.
I am not so keen on the yukky looking silencer and the pipe going up like that, but it is moulded into the side panel on that side which I find strange.  I cant believe they are Cheney parts.  Vacuum formed after market perhaps?  either was someone has gone to a lot of trouble to make them.  Cant believe Eric would have done that with an exhaust pipe, but you never stop learning....

Still there you go.  If he sells it for that kind of money then good on him.  (I have  much nicer Cheney B50 for a lot less if anyone wants one!!!)

I had a quick look at his other ebay listings.  Lots of nice parts for sure, but steep prices.  The GP Victor is nice, but look closely and the side panels are held on with cable ties (what isnt behind the panels ~ no air box?) and the front wheel is wrong.  Neither brake plate has the floating cam which I would want to eb correct for that sort of money.

All of that aside, I wish him well.  These things are only worth what someone will pay for them.  And if he does sell them, then good on him!