Author Topic: Metzeler Calendar Photos from 2001--great pics but too big to big for my scanner  (Read 3636 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Firko, yeah i never picked up on that, had to google it [him--her] for images, definitely the same person haha.
Did you know Michael [Mike] Duff is now Michelle Duff--but that 'is' the same person!! & was still quick at Assen Reunion [can't remember when it was now--but so the story went] some bloody quick [real] girls out there nowdays too which is good to see also. Actually not just roadracing of course but MX too.
Right then, for some reason the writing under each pic didn't come up [went to great trouble to write it all up bugger it] so i'll set to & add the details separate. Cheers. [ps great calendar that one]

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile

I like this one.
2000000hp and pushy brakes.
Must have been a joy to ride. :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ok Then.
Pic1=Max Deubel BMW
2=Mike Hailwood
3=Mike Duff
4=Caledar Front Page
5=Honda RC116
6=Hans-Georg Anscheid Suzy 50
7=Ago on MV350
8=Sebastian Nachtmann
9=Siegfried Gienger on Zundapp 100
10= Mike Hailwood on Honda 500
11-Phil Read on Yamy 125
12=Florian Camathias/Alfred Herzig on a Gilera outfit.

Enjoy---the line across all the pics is my camera fault.
I remember reading all the names [bar a couple of enduro ones] from back then when we used to wait with baited breath for the next edition of [whatever it was] english MCNews etc]. Cheers.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
have i cocked up?, for someone to post a reply does it reload all the pics again & again each time --hope not or i'll delete if necessary & do it differently [not sure how]

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Nah, it's all good.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Youtubed the RC116 50cc twin, man what a sound--no flywheel effect 'at all' & a super high first gear that must be hard on the clutch. Back then in the m/cycle news from england there was a very thin flexible record of the Honda 6 and MV & the like from the IOMTT wrapped up in one edition. Sounded great too with rear wheel skipping on bumps with the revs altering momentarily--lost the record now damn it, was gonna wait till everyone's asleep then let it rip on the stereo---maybe not, could be fatal.