Author Topic: Off Topic - Ducati 750 SS  (Read 2377 times)

Mark Austin

Off Topic - Ducati 750 SS
« on: January 05, 2008, 01:06:35 pm »
Hi lads,
I know this is a ROAD bike, but I thought you may be interested...
I've finally worked out how to use the Youtube thingy and added a video of an old Duc I used to own.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIGdSrYJWGM
I'm sure Dave Mac will know what it is. (I should never have sold it, grumble, grumble, grumble)
What do you think?
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic - Ducati 750 SS
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 04:25:51 pm »
Mark, that machine is Pure Hornbag - I got half a mongrel just looking at it!!
Listening to it took me over the edge... but I'm back now...
I reckon old Dukes are the sexiest things on the road.
Pls do the decent thing and slap yourself for selling it.

I've got an '83 Ducati Pantah 600 sitting in the shed but haven't touched it in nearly ten years.
I've had no interest in bikes for that long so I credit the VMX scene with re-igniting the old passion.
I imagine I'll get it running again now I'm back into bikes - thanks VMX!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

firko

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 04:48:48 pm »
Wait 'til you see and hear my 350 Ducati MXer Wombat. It'll redefined the bling standards of the sport.
It was nice having a beer with you and your hound (Jack not Magoo) on Thursday night Mark. I add to the semtiments, it's a damn nice Duck. Pity you don't have it now.

YSS

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 05:56:25 pm »
So this Duck and Hound thing is not just restricted to the Ballarat area from what I understand .
I must go out more .  ;)

Mark Austin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 10:37:05 pm »
Thanks Firko,
It was nice to catch up. Jack drove home, here's a photo of him here...

I sold the Duke to buy a Fireblade at the time - I think the Fireblade is now worth about $5,000 and the Duke is probably worth another $20,000 - oh well.
I think its about time for a few VMX lads to have a few beers and a meal at the Bondi Icebergs (the club, not the restaurant...) while the weather is nice and sunny - who's up for it in the next few weeks?
Cheers,
Mark

Mark Austin

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 10:39:53 pm »
Hi Wombat,
I like the Pantah's too - actually I just sold this one recently...

Nice bike, but I was too used to the Bevels to fall in love with it completely.
So now I am Ducati less.
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:07 am »
You can tell it's fast - it's a red one!
My model also came out in silver but the red is the pretty one in the family.
I was beginning to think my Pantah was the only one with the rectangle indicators; most others seem to have the round ones.
Unfortunately, during it's ten years in the garage the indicators have all perished and are currently dangling from the loom.
Nice bike and a great photo Mark - I can use it as a guide to rebuild mine... :D

Firko, I'd love to see/hear your Duke MXer.
Here in Brissie I've noticed the XS 650 MXer at the Nudgee track - and it occurred to me I could put my 600 Duke donk into an MX frame...
But I'm not much of a Mechanic and less of an Engineer so that will remain just a pipe dream.
How good would it sound!!?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 11:11:02 pm »
My first road bike (actually my L Plate Bike) was the model before 750 SS Bought it new from Ron Angel in Richmond Vic along with A Desmo 450 RT traily for off road stuff. Sold them both for $2850.00 a couple of years later.... Still crying  :-[.................... Tim 754( PS the 450 and GT both fitted with hollowed out Conti megaphones aaaarrrrrrrr the sounds!!!!)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:10:38 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 11:36:02 pm »
Just on the 'sound' thing...
I saw the Pantah sitting in the now defunct 'Phil Beaumont' cycle shop at Newstead in Brissie and asked for a test ride.
The Salesman started the beastie in the confines of the shop - and that Ducati noise was something else...
That was the moment I decided I would buy it; as it sat there idleing.
The test ride was a secondary consideration.
It's not the wise way to choose a bike but I fell in love with the beast before I even rode it!

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 11:55:32 pm »
I don't know how the f*** I missed that post but it sure brought back some good memories. I had a 75 750SS that I brought back from the dead and I reckon it was a far better bike than my 74 750SS which I still own.
On a different thread it was funny how when I went and checked it out on you tube, just how many YT posts there are of just about ANYTHING. Put in your favourite poison and 'hey presto' there will be something there for you - bloody amazing !!!
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted