Author Topic: Bunfight starts here...  (Read 3787 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Bunfight starts here...
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 10:30:44 am »
The world is about to go into a deflationary phase as all us old boomers start retiring and reducing our spending and this reduction of spending will undercut substantially the current level of world expansion following the mining boom and subsequent reduction in monetary standards
Ive been doing my bit to keep the economy flowing since my retirement 6 years ago. I'm spending more now than I have in my whole life and so are my retired friends, but I see your point, not everyone had bulletproof superannuation funds like I luckily did. Still, I hope you're correct about Luongo and the other capitalist greed merchants falling on their arses.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bunfight starts here...
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »
All depends on how smart they are / were with their cash and if they continue to try to sustain the dream with their funds....

a lot of the time the money is tapped by a dodgy manager down the line and every thing dies real quick.

Clive Peters was a classic example of that plan...although the directors did famously in the end ;)

you see how many tatts lotto winners, sports men or movie clowns at the top of the tree end up on the dole 3 years later, they cant adjust their lifestyle to sock away a retirement fund and continue to live with the idea that that the cash will keep rollin in.....Or Harry Beitzel catches up with them ;D

big money does funny things to people and organisations.... if your interested, look up intrepid minings website and read the story of how they lost the big prize and how they think they can get it back...

No doubt interesting times ahead. Your one of the 10 percenters if you had a successful super story... plenty have made the agents fat at no benefit to themselves... disgusting.