Author Topic: G'day from Townsville, NQ  (Read 1776 times)

Offline 4stroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
G'day from Townsville, NQ
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:45:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am a DBW regular, joined OZVMX ages ago and been lurking since, but this is my first post.

Have just finished fixing up a 1992 PW80 for my girlfriend's little sisters, and have now got the resto bug.  I have come here looking to learn and share new resto tips, and also to look for parts/bikes!

Here are some pics of the PW:

The decals on the tank and side covers/rear fender are not authentic 1992 decals, they are reproductions from a photo of a 1994 model that I had.  I could not find a decent picture of a 1992 model to recreate from.  If anyone could help with that, it would be awesome.

I am now looking to recreate my first bike, a 1984 PW80 (red seat and black racing numbers on the number plates), and I also want to do an early PW50.  Did we get the yellow 1981 models of the PW50's here in Australia?

Thanks for looking, Mark

TM BILL

Re: G'day from Townsville, NQ
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:05:43 pm »
Welcome  :) you have done a great job on the PW  8) Those PW 80s are great little bikes and virtually indestructable  ;D Daughter had one and i would ride it in the parents race at meetings whenever i got the chance .

Lovley part of the world Townsville ( brothers got a place there )and all of north QLD , its in my will that when i go to have my ashes scattered at Cape Tribulation :) its a very beautifull and spiritual place .

Cheers Bill

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:55 pm »
Good job on the little zinger mate, at HBBB this year I saw the matching 50 to your 80 for sale in almost brand new condition, would look great next to yours!  ;) from memory he wanted about the same as you'd pay for a slightly used 2009 mdl, but i guess considering its exactly the same it's justifiable. You'll find no shortage of resto tips here mate, enjoy :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 4stroker

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »
Thanks for the replies fellas!

Good job on the little zinger mate, at HBBB this year I saw the matching 50 to your 80 for sale in almost brand new condition, would look great next to yours!  ;) from memory he wanted about the same as you'd pay for a slightly used 2009 mdl, but i guess considering its exactly the same it's justifiable. You'll find no shortage of resto tips here mate, enjoy :)

What is HBBB mate?

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 01:37:39 pm »
Sorry, the Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza. http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=12&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=9130&cHash=52a934b088

!!!!WARNING!!!! This link may cause you to want up spend prolonged periods of time away from your family at Easter and cost you money, but it'll be worth it!!!! :D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:01 am »
My advice to you is to find an early 80's husky to do up. A 390 is the pick while 430's are popular

1. they are simple bikes, a hand full of nuts and bolts holds them together
2. all the bearings and seals are SKF standard (get them at the bearing shop)
3. Phil at husqvarnaparts.com have all the other bits and Andy at HVA in England is a great source of bits
4. There are a few about in Oz and some real expertise resides in this great country if you get stuck.

They are also fun to ride with good suspension and a comfy seat for older bodies

cheers