Author Topic: Rickman Zundapp on eBay.  (Read 944 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Rickman Zundapp on eBay.
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:51 am »
While this is a nice little Rickman Zundapp, the seller is living in a fantasy world where all Rickmans are gold dust. The bike might be a low use barn find but you can't ask concourse dollars for less than concourse bikes. There are some plusses such as the bike being a '74 model with the desirable 25mm tubing frame and 35mm forks but the nickel on the swingarm looks toasted. It's too expensive and clean for an engine swap and too basic for a Vinduro ride unless you're a true Zundapp believer. I love these little critters but at 6.6k it's way too rich. 

Found in garage, covered and properly stored:  74 Rickman 125 scrambler, with 1125 miles.  The bike is near showroom collector condition… the only thing done to this bike was to add a little air to the tires and a bath.  This bike will make a collector happy, as well as a rider.  Included with the bike:

Please note:   the photos are untouched

·        Original Owners Manual

·        Shop service Manual

·        Parts Manual

·        Misc. Parts:  extra hand grips, 

Very Minor Damage:       

·        Few  small scratches on the rear fender

·        Light service rust on rear wheel frame assemble – Cause is dirt from trail riding

·        Some chrome minor pitting from old dirt and time – this is down low on the rear area

·        Zipper in seat is stripped, vinyl is in excellent shape, original

Notice the exhaust pipe… the paint is still on it, little rust… obvious proof of the mileage and care.  The end piece is a spark arrester… Dealer installed

I am the second owner and believe this bike had excellent care when it was used and shows NO signs of abuse.   Check out the picture of the misc. parts…Notice the Castrol Oil… the best you can buy  back in those days, in my opinion.  The Mileage is ACCURATE.

The owner lost interest stored and forgot the bike.. .  This bike starts, but does not idle.  Good spark, wiring appears good.  The fuel was drained and the tank clean when it was stored in 1976.  Title is clear.   I doubt you can or will find a cleaner original Rickman ?

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha