Author Topic: 1982 Honda XR250R (with CB250RS motor)  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
1982 Honda XR250R (with CB250RS motor)
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:29:13 am »
Selling this one on behalf of someone else...

Build date on frame is listed as 10/82, frame number is ME01-5400131.

Appears to have CB250RS road bike engine fitted (engine number: MC02E-2100361), which is almost identical to XR unit, including being kick start only. The bike has recently had a larger rear sprocket fitted to gear it down a bit, but it's still a tad high. Please note that the engine condition is unknown. Present owner has never looked inside it. It did run, but hasn't been started since July 2012, and I have not heard it running since then.

It has been used little in last couple of years. It was purchased by current owner to ride at Harrow Vinduro, and it's completed the 2011 and 2012 Harrow vinduros easily. Aside from these two rides it's mostly sat in a farm shed.

Make no mistake it is rough. It has rusty exhaust, rusty swingarm, some rust spots on top part of forks. The plastics are faded but the tank and rear guard might clean up ok. Front mudguard isn't much good.

The rear shock needs rebuilding too. Rear wheel bearings are shot, front ones probably are too.

Put the stock CB gearing back on and build a cool pre 85 super-motard for HBBB next year! Or, just use the bits you want and flog off the rest. It does have a compliance plate from memory so could be (classic) registered. Looking for about $600 or so, but open to offers. Send me a PM if interested.

The XR is in Melbourne, but I can deliver to Ballarat.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 12:31:01 am by Tex »