Author Topic: RM125 S exhausts  (Read 2709 times)

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
RM125 S exhausts
« on: April 06, 2013, 11:28:49 pm »
Is anyone either in Australia or global manufacturing aftermarket pipes to suit the 1975 RM125S?

There was talk a couple of years ago on this forum of someone in New Zealand doing them, but I can't find any information on it.

Interested in any comment.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: RM125 S exhausts
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 12:02:17 am »
Here's ya man, if none of these listed will fit but you have the bike complete Geoff can make one of his custom "works" style pipes for ya. In case you didn't already know?

http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/23/online-shop/12-Suzuki/
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:52:21 am »
Have a look at the DMC RH125 Replica Pipe

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 07:32:01 am »
If your in NSW or close to Newcastle I could help you out.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:21 am »
Lozza, do you build  pipes?
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 02:17:52 pm »
Yes I have been known to  ;D

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 03:46:03 pm »
I am going to give my A4 a run on Dirttrack with the std pipe, if it goes OK i will be looking to improve it with a down pipe this will also keep the very weak std pipe in good condition. Any suggestions.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 04:59:35 pm »
A mate of mine makes a couple of these pipes ever now and then too
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:52:44 pm »
My "S" project is still in the early stages with the frame done and accepting parts, motor is getting there, tank still to be painted, however still no seat, no forks and no exhaust.

I've seen the DMC RM125M (RA Replica) and think I'd like to do something like that, it is a very nice looking bike. I've tried getting on to the DMC website to make an enquiry but it seems to go no where. Is the guy not doing business any more??

I'm located in Brisbane but Lozza if you have a jig to make a good looking "S" style pipe without the need for the bike to fit it up to, I may be interested. Perhaps you could email me a few pics of your work would be a starting point.

I'm a bit handy with the TIG and the odd bit of steel and am toying about doing my own if it all becomes too hard to find a good replica pipe at an affordable price.

Thanks all for your responses.

Peter

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 06:19:50 pm »
I am going to give my A4 a run on Dirttrack with the std pipe, if it goes OK i will be looking to improve it with a down pipe this will also keep the very weak std pipe in good condition. Any suggestions.
Brett

Any suggestion for what??
My "S" project is still in the early stages with the frame done and accepting parts, motor is getting there, tank still to be painted, however still no seat, no forks and no exhaust.

I've seen the DMC RM125M (RA Replica) and think I'd like to do something like that, it is a very nice looking bike. I've tried getting on to the DMC website to make an enquiry but it seems to go no where. Is the guy not doing business any more??

I'm located in Brisbane but Lozza if you have a jig to make a good looking "S" style pipe without the need for the bike to fit it up to, I may be interested. Perhaps you could email me a few pics of your work would be a starting point.

I'm a bit handy with the TIG and the odd bit of steel and am toying about doing my own if it all becomes too hard to find a good replica pipe at an affordable price.

Thanks all for your responses.

Peter

The pipe on the US RM-S just looked like a hydroformed shitter to me. Peter in order to make a jig I would have to make a pipe template on the bike I don't have your email either  ;D This will give you an idea of what I do.

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 06:59:05 pm »
Lozza , that a nice looking pipe there buddy.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:53 pm »
Lozza

Agree with Oldfart, that's a nice bit of work.

I'm still not near a pipe stage and will get back to you when I'm there. FYI my email is: [email protected]

Peter

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 09:31:08 pm »
Thanks fellas, though my storm water pipe work is up to shit Stew  ;D Parralel twin pipes are a complete PITA  LHS pipe is different at the end of the baffle cone to miss the chain, but the stinger/end can has to be at the same angle, height etc etc. Getting that right takes the same time as the rest of it. Could just get a ciggie paper between those pipes.