Author Topic: Hi from Perth  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Craig G

• Novice
  • Looking for complete airbox for yz80c
    • View Profile
Hi from Perth
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
Hi all,joined a while ago when i got a yz80c to restore.Use to race one of these in my younger days at WJMC and thought i show my kid how spoiled they are compared to their new KTM.

Been working of and on for the last couple of months and slowly coming to the end.This is where i find out what parts i am missing and what parts i put on the wrong bike.During the start a manage to find some more yz80 models for sale at good prices so got a couple on the go now.

Site been a great help, and put me in the right direction a few time, after I taken a wrong turn and wasted some money. :)

Looking forward to finishing the rest and moving on to something bigger so I can ride with the pre 85 in November.Should be fun and painful on a yz250H

Craig

Still looking for a complete airbox for a yz80c

Curly3

Re: Hi from Perth
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »
Welcome Craig, you'l find all the info you need and some you don't.
Enjoy and don't be shy, you may wish you pulled your head in at times but this forum is a wealth of info.
Cheers, Steve

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:16 am »
Welcome West Aussie,
Full calender in vmx this year,hope to see you trackside.
Combined Swapmeet VMX Club event in Collie on the 27th&28th April and a pre65 in early May at Narrogin.
Check riding spots WA section  :)
Enjoy  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Craig G

• Novice
  • Looking for complete airbox for yz80c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:01:28 am »
Welcome West Aussie,
Full calender in vmx this year,hope to see you trackside.
Combined Swapmeet VMX Club event in Collie on the 27th&28th April and a pre65 in early May at Narrogin.
Check riding spots WA section  :)
Enjoy  8)

Thanks All

Yes would like to ride more but got the kids at WJMC and they take up a bit of my time so I don't get much of a chance to ride myself.Will hopefully be riding a yz250H at the Back To WJMC day towards the end of the year.Good to see VMX racing in WA moving forward in the last couple of years as it does have a lot to offer. Hopefully if my calendar is not full,will try and make Collie.

Cheers
Still looking for a complete airbox for a yz80c

Offline Pre85MXWA

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 11:28:39 pm »
Welcome Craig, with your YZ's being 1976 and 1981 models Pre85MXWA is the WA club that caters for your respective eras. We have our own track at Darkan which is undergoing a major makeover this weekend to ready it for the coming season. If the kids are keen for a ride there's plans for a junior class to be introduced too.

You can drop in on Sunday 7th of April at the Bunbury Club's 50th Anniversary and check out the Pre85MXWA club display (incorporating bikes up to Pre90) as well as see Bunbury based Pre85MXWA patron AMA legend Jimmy Ellis cut a few laps on the mint Busselton Motorcycles sponsored YZ465H.

Next there's the Collie Swapmeet on the 27th and ride day on the 28th of April. If your bike isn't up and running you can always grab the club's 1988 KDX 200 and go for a few laps while Jimmy Ellis circulates on the YZ465 to get back into the swing of things & pick up a few fast lines while you're at it! Check the web site for further info and contact details.wwww.pre85mxwa.com

Cheers from the Pre85MXWA Committee
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:09:31 am by Pre85MXWA »