Author Topic: 84 CR shock guts.  (Read 773 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
84 CR shock guts.
« on: February 26, 2013, 09:51:33 pm »
 >:( x100.

Had the shock apart on the bench at work, my ever-helpful workmate shoved it all into a pile... I thought I might be able to figure it out, but the one-way-valve-piston has got me entirely confused.

Has anyone got a photo or a parts diagram of the valve piston/shim stacks?

This is the best pic I've found so far - it doesn't have enough detail between the two part #21s:
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 84 CR shock guts.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:09 pm »
the 125's are old style kayaba , have the oneway valve , except its two way , the 250/500 have modern style piston /valves  ,either way the big schimms are compression .ie go one first with the large port side of the piston facing the shaft.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »
It's a 250, but (as I've just discovered) it has the wrong valve piston in there and/or something missing: 40mm bore with a 36mm piston...

No wonder the old bush in the seal head was buggered...

Did you sell that Ohlins you had, motom?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:45 am »
Actually on second thought the 84 250 still has the non progressive rebound stack.
Yer I still have it , I got an offer to consider but I want to test ride again first .Might keep it.