Author Topic: The bastard lives  (Read 7439 times)

TM BILL

Re: The bastard lives
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 08:50:06 am »
That is a bonus being able to take the box out in situ  :) For 800 quid i will consider a 3 speed , just have to sell somthing else to finance it  ;D

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:54 am »
When was the last time you were out on yours Ben ? Not seen you about much lately. It's about time you gave SP2 an outing.

If you can sort the dogs out, then the gearbox would be much better. The only trouble is that when you undercut the dogs to stop it jumping in or out of a gear you don't want you lose the case hardening (or what there was of it). And so the cycle goes on !
I run my box on R40, and change it after every meeting.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 10:08:22 am »
Cant wait to get out on the Metisse again though
I remember saying to Jonesy when you took his Weslake Metisse Mk4 out at CD7 that he may have opened the door of enlightenment to you. The smile on your face when you came in told the story. It was the same with Mainline Paul....not long after he made a start on his B40 project ;D. Everyone who rides that blue bike is touched in some way, even Vern Grayson who was going through the horrors of not only losing Averil but losing interest in bikes altogether credits his laps on 'Blue Betty' at Classic Dirt on him getting his Cheney Triumph dusted off and to invest in a 2 valve slider. Alan bought that bike purely as a fun CD/Bonanza bike and for his friends to ride and to prove to punters that Pre 65 style bikes aren't the evil things many think them to be.
                                                                                  'Blue Betty' at rest on her colour coded GMC stand in the Kevlar Kompound at CD9, Firkos beloved 350 Maico (57) behind her.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

TM BILL

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 10:35:15 am »
Mark your absolutley right  :) a big thanks to Jonesy , yourself and Mr Jolley for sending me out on blue Betty that day . I had a ball and knew then i had to have one  ;D

Mike Jolley (Bazza) warming Blue Betty up for me

Bazza giving me the low down before i went out  :)

A very kiwi themed pic from CD7
Me on Blue Betty sandwitched between official good bastards Les (Abdul) Maynard on DJs Nogouchi and Owen ( Captain ) kirk on my TS 185 budget racer . Obscured behind me is i think young Zane Van Barello ? (who has a Kiwi connection  :)) and is a bloody good pedaler probably on one of Brads bikes  :)

Making a move on Fat Les  ;D not this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLph6ePNkGQ )

Leading i think Zane ? on Dads CZ
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:37:36 am by TM bill »

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 03:36:06 pm »
Bill Johny Rocker racing UK sells monza bits and firm close to home sold me rubber(fuel safe/ non swelling to make gasket for one of my old bikes if you want me to get some
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

crankpin

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 05:42:56 pm »
Cant wait to get out on the Metisse again though
I remember saying to Jonesy when you took his Weslake Metisse Mk4 out at CD7 that he may have opened the door of enlightenment to you. The smile on your face when you came in told the story. It was the same with Mainline Paul....not long after he made a start on his B40 project ;D. Everyone who rides that blue bike is touched in some way, even Vern Grayson who was going through the horrors of not only losing Averil but losing interest in bikes altogether credits his laps on 'Blue Betty' at Classic Dirt on him getting his Cheney Triumph dusted off and to invest in a 2 valve slider. Alan bought that bike purely as a fun CD/Bonanza bike and for his friends to ride and to prove to punters that Pre 65 style bikes aren't the evil things many think them to be.
                                                                                  'Blue Betty' at rest on her colour coded GMC stand in the Kevlar Kompound at CD9, Firkos beloved 350 Maico (57) behind her.

Decals on that van  :o sweet  ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »
Decals on that van  Shocked sweet  Grin
I think those decals are holding John Mathews shitbox Transit together. It's got rust in places I've never seen rust before ::).
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

crankpin

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 04:30:32 pm »

Still looks cool though Mark  8)