Author Topic: C&J Yamaha TT500 on eBay.  (Read 4206 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
C&J Yamaha TT500 on eBay.
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »
Here's one that was withdrawn almost as quickly as it was posted...no doubt a decent offline offer doing the trick. I've never seen a single shock C&J before so it's a pretty unique bit of kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ahrma-ahrma-project-tt500-C-J-HL500-C-J-frame-Vintage-MX-Simons-fox-shock-/221191098246?nma=true&si=QX%252BgmWJaJwZi5sDDq6iiLMltLV4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
This is a C&J frame yamaha TT500.  Simons forks up front and a Fox Twin Clicker on the rear. this bike was built in the early 80's by C&J when they were located in Fallbrook CA.  A friend of mine had the bike specially designed to his request.  The frame has its original paint it is not dented, cracked or damaged. The bottom frame rails are perfect no dents, flatening etc.  I did strip and repaint the front forks and apply new stickers, because they has been painted red when the bike was assembled. The exhaust has also been sanded and repainted with ceramic heat paint, it is not bolted up tight at the time, because when I went to get a new gasket for the haeder pipe the local yamaha dealer did not have one. The rear suspension in based on a 1982 or 1983 Honda CR 480 Pro-Link.  The seat and rear fender are Honda CR125.  It comes with hand formed aluminum red anodized side covers/number plates which have not been mounted on the bike. its also comes with an aluminum airbox, and megaphone exhaust. Ran out of photo room the gas tank is a red plastic skinny fat desert tank. I do not know what year of bike the engine is from and he does not remember what mods were donr to it.. I had purchased the bike from my friend approximately one year ago with plans of restoring it.  I have way too may other projects and bikes and need the room.  The engine has tons of compresion.  I have not attempted to start it.  It was last started and used approximately six years ago per my friend.  shipping must be set up and provided by the buyer.  I will assist if possible with getting it to the shipper if its local....I would perfer that the buyer picks it up.  It will not be released or shipped untill all funds clear and it has been paid for in full.  I will not sell. ship or deal with any overseas sales...so please don not bid if you are not in the United States. I experienced a bad deal in the past with an overseas bid that won and could not complete the transaction. I will store up to thirty days after the close of action to allow time for pick-up.......full payment is due within seven days of the close of auction.     please look at my other items.  Email me with any questions.

Prior to posting this auction I have checked the web extenstively to locate a any single shock C&J framed Honda's or Yamaha's.  I have loacted some sites where people have discussed them, however, could not locate any photos of exhisting one, or anything to put a value on this bike.  It seems to be kind of rare and probably ment for an XR Honda power plant.  looking at the way it is designed it could be easly converted into a twin shock bike.

Bike is for sale locally, seller may end auction at anytime.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: C&J Yamaha TT500 on eBay.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:52:06 am »
There are some monoshock C&J Honda's around.

But never seen one wth a XT500, that frame has never had a Honda engine as the seller says, as it has a bottom framecradle and oiltank...

Offline ola_martin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:52:54 am »

East Coast Maico

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 03:59:18 am »
single shock C&J Honda pictures on thumperpilot.com.