Author Topic: Hi from miggsy  (Read 1077 times)

Offline miggsy

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hi from miggsy
« on: March 11, 2013, 11:34:53 am »
Hi,

New to forum,   Recently got hold of a couple of 1980-83 xt 250's.   One was set up with YZ front and rear shocks which makes the bike very useable.   I will be doing it up over next few weeks.   ATM I have bike runinng and have picked best parts from the two and mocked up to get an idea of what the bike wil look like.   Engines a little noisy but runs fine and still has plenty of punch for a 250 fourstroke so I will keep the running one as is and rebuild the second motor ready to swap over when the time comes.   I would be keen to hear from any one with old XT's and am interested in performance mods.   If any one has any ideas give drop me a line.   Thanks Mark.
Own 2011 wr450, 1980 XT 250 x 2, a DT250 and a few road bikes.   Currnetly rebuilding one xt 250.   It has YZ front and rear suspension which makes a very nice little bike.   Would love a shed full of air cooled two strokes 400cc plus.   big bore two strokes still eat modern four strokes.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from miggsy
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »
Welcome miggsy,
XT plenty of grunt. :P  Hit the search buttons and your sure to find something to suit  8)  8)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!