Author Topic: looking out for a Can-Am 250 ASE (AIR cooled SINGLE shock ENDURO) from 1983-1986  (Read 4878 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
from fullnoise :: 2013 will see a change of pace for Geoff Ballard as for the first time in 24 years he comes into the year without a race team to run week in week out.

What it means for one of Australia's most well known and respected racers, is that he can get back to racing and trail riding himself as much as he likes in 2013 which is something he is going to take full advantage off.

The rider who has held an MA racing licence for the past 40 straight years, is looking forward to hitting the tracks and trails and possibly heading back of to the United States to do some GNCC racing.

"Without the race team to take up my time this year I thought I'd branch out and after 24 years I figured it is time for a bit more fun." Ballard stated.

"With so many great bikes to choose from I decided not to limit my options, so this year I'll be hitting the tracks and trails on a variety of models. Husaberg, Honda, Yamaha, BMW, Maico & Can-Am will all be in the line up for 2013.

"I've had my MA racing licence for 40 straight years now, so while I'm still having fun and my body is hanging in there I'll keep at it!

"If things work out, I'm also looking into getting back into my old stomping ground for a few events in the USA. I'd really like to race a few Enduro's or GNCC type events again.

"Back home I'm not really planning on committing to any particular series, but will just see what falls into place.," he continued.

As he has mentioned above, Geoff is not planning on sticking to one bike or one brand for that matter in 2013 with plans to ride a varitey of bikes throughout the year.

"I know those WRF's pretty well, plus know they are reliable monsters so I plan to keep one of those for most Enduro type events." Ballard explained. "For other Off-road events, I want to try one of these new 450 Berg's that the mags are talking up and for anything MX like the Amcross that I usually do, or any local club day's etc, I'll try what Chad rides - the new Honda CRF450.

"For the Adventure stuff I'll stick with my favourite tools for that job. And for the big stuff, it's the GS1200 Adventure; I still think it's the king!" he exclaimed.

"On the smaller, and more go anywhere side of things, I think I'll forever have a Yamaha TTR250 in the shed! For the 'all round' and tighter stuff, you can't kill or beat that thing.

"Last month I did my 6th straight NZ Safari, where I rode a TTR. I love them (and that ride in NZ) so much I've bought one that I leave over there at a mates place. That bike is definitely under rated!

It not only be modern bikes that Geoff will be abord for 2013, with the plan to spend some time on some Vintage bikes as well.

"For the occasional Vintage ride, I'll keep motoring on my all time favourite. The Maico 490!. Plus I have also been looking out for a Can-Am 250 ASE (AIR cooled SINGLE shock ENDURO) from 1983-1986.

"I rode them in 4 of the 24 ISDE's that I competed in. Hopefully I'll find one soon, but no luck so far. If anyone can help I'd be rapt," Ballard continued.

The 53 year old will be celebrating his 54th birthday in grand style by buying all the bikes he needs for the year. On top of celebrating his 54th birthday in 2013, Geoff Ballard has another huge reason to celebrate with his well known business 'Ballards Off-Road Australia celebrating its 25th year of operation.

"It'll be interesting for sure and I'm definitely BUYING them all." he explained regarding the bikes he plans on riding for the year.

"It's my 54th birthday in a couple of weeks, plus I realised I need to celebrate a huge milestone in the second half of the year, the business will be 25 years old!

"I figure from all that, I should be able to do what I want, right? I also figure if a particular bike's not working for me, I'll just sell it and try something new.

So there it is...I'm basically just looking for some continued years riding enjoyment at fun events on some great bikes!," he concluded.

Keep an eye out at local riding areas and race meeting this year, as you never know when you will be lining up next to the Australian Off Road Riding legend Geoff Ballard
Best is in the West !!

IT400C

Can-Am 250 ASE (AIR cooled SINGLE shock ENDURO)?

Does that mean that the Supercross version was

Can-Am 250 ASS (AIR cooled SINGLE shock SUPERCROSS)?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Can Am 250 ARSE (Air cooled Rotary valve Single shock Enduro)
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline screamin62

• Novice
    • View Profile
Love my 1984 ASE 250! Pulled of the lights, changed some of the plastic(tucked original away). Low hour bike, motor/frame untouched.