Author Topic: XT550  (Read 1551 times)

Tony T

XT550
« on: April 27, 2008, 09:44:12 pm »
I'm getting these bikes out during the week to sell. So if you're interested, let me know.
The XT550 has been rebuilt and only done around 200kms since rebore and 1st O.S. piston kit, new cam chain & guides, new steering head bearings and all new gaskets/valve stem seals of course. Has an rare 23 litre Acerbis tank. Chain and sprockets only done about 1500 kms. Dunlop D606 tyres. Front very good, rear average. Rego runs out on May 2, so easily reregistered. All lights and blinkers work.  I want at least $1200.00 for it and can organise freight to the Eastern states if required.
Selling simply as I need the cash right now.
PM, email or call me on 0410 504 815
Located in Barossa Valley S.A. Happy to deliver within 100km or so and to organise freight and deliver to freight company in Adelaide.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:44:22 am by Tony T »

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: XT550 and XL350 project
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 06:24:00 am »
Hi Tony,
I am also very interesed in the xl I will pm you

Cheers
Fatboy racing

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:52 am »
Personal opinions withdrawn as I relies  by stating what I did it hurt possible finances to Tony. My apologies to all. Tim
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:23:47 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:44 am »
hi all
yeah i agree with Tim that we should all donate and let him keep him much loved bikes,im prepared to donate 1 pizza hut shift to the corse how about you?cancer is something that can take anybody reguardless of age or sex and the research people need our $ to continue the battle
on a personal note i lost my dad to cancer two days after xmas to a battle he could not win sooo lets all donate and fight this bastard!!!

TT5 Matt

Tony T

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 11:19:05 am »
ooops...............  :-[
Sorry gentlemen, I think I need to reword the advert...............
Firstly, I must clarify that any donations received will go straight to the cause regardless and not into my pocket. We have an independant auditor to assure that this doesn't happen.
Both Tony Kirby and I happy to fund the ride part ourselves as we're getting 3 weeks of great riding out of it and a great adventure. Under no circumstances will donations be used to pay for the ride itself. We are using some of the money for raffle ticket printing etc. but the bike/ride stuff is our contribution.
Therefore, all donations are most gratefully received, but it won't make any difference to my personal financial postion and my decision to sell these bikes to make the ride more enjoyable.
I hope makes more sense and I didn't mean to make it sound like 'poor old me' needs money.
I'm more than happy to sacrifice a couple of bikes that are going nowhere in my shed for the experience of this ride.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Matt. I lost both my parents to cancer so imagining a child going through that is what drives me to help where I can.
Cheers
Tony
PS I've adjusted the original post to suit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 11:25:27 am by Tony T »

Tony T

Re: XT550
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:46:47 am »
The XL that was for sale, is no longer. I pulled the engine down this morning to be able to give and accurate description and it's not worth selling.
And for the sake of the few buck the chassis is worth, I may as well keep it and try and get another engine together down the track when time/money permits.
Sorry for time wasting with that one fellas.