Author Topic: Moms,please explain?  (Read 3054 times)

TM BILL

Re: Moms,please explain?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
I do think EVO in Australia as it stands is a lot better than in a lot of the other places.

Agreed  :) and as Brad said 99.9% of issues have been resolved  :) You blokes do have a good thing going over there and its probably a case of the old hands educating the newcomers to the interpretations .

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 10:46:11 AM »
Classic scramble club  Un zud  "evo Rules"

1  All motors aircooled and maximum of 2 cylinders
2  No linkage rear suspension
3  No upside down forks or disc brakes

How hard can it be to go roost green lush tacks?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:47:52 AM by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
Classic scramble club  Un zud  "evo Rules"

1  All motors aircooled and maximum of 2 cylinders
2  No linkage rear suspension
3  No upside down forks or disc brakes

How hard can it be to go roost green lush tacks?
Cool so I will grab a set of those huge conventional's off a Vertemati, cut the disc lugs off and strap them to my converted cr480 twin shock.....

Montynut

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:20 AM »
Or grab that set of those huge conventional's off a Vertemati, cut the disc lugs off stick em in the last of the KTM none linkage MX frames from, what was it, 2010. Then shoe horn in a '94 Yammie WR500 worked to the sh&t house. Sounds cheap and truely in the spirit of VMX

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 11:19:19 AM »
Sounds cheap and truely in the spirit of VMX
Not in the spirit but with such loose rules as they are, don't think for a second it won't happen to some degree. Europe is proof that it will. They use 88 model conventional's converted back to drums, convert single shocks to twin shocks, put motors out of linkage bikes etc etc.
Kiwi's are laid back and we all admire them for that. But no matter what, there is always someone ready to push the boundaries on technicalities. Then the bar keeps moving. Then it all ends with Dutch/ English twinshock.....

Montynut

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »
Sounds cheap and truely in the spirit of VMX
Then it all ends with Dutch/ English twinshock.....
Exactly what I was thinking

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »
The thought process of the Kiwi's is to keep it simple and come have some fun. That's great and I could happily go along with that.  It's the dishonest minority that stuff it for the rest of us. I've seen and heard the moaning in NZ of other competitors bikes not being legal, to the point of guys running 75 and 76 model bikes in pre 75 as they obviously feel they will be outclassed in their correct class (e.g. a 75 cz).Point being that as laid back as it is, there are those that will not do the right thing and those that are not happy about what those people are doing. That's why I feel we have got it closer to right with the rules we have to minimise the minority that want to do the wrong thing. If you are prepared to do the right thing, the rules will fade into the distance. If not, you will be pissed off to the max and it's all crap imo.

TM BILL

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 11:50:49 AM »
The thought process of the Kiwi's is to keep it simple and come have some fun. That's great and I could happily go along with that.  It's the dishonest minority that stuff it for the rest of us. I've seen and heard the moaning in NZ of other competitors bikes not being legal, to the point of guys running 75 and 76 model bikes in pre 75 as they obviously feel they will be outclassed in their correct class (e.g. a 75 cz).Point being that as laid back as it is, there are those that will not do the right thing and those that are not happy about what those people are doing. That's why I feel we have got it closer to right with the rules we have to minimise the minority that want to do the wrong thing. If you are prepared to do the right thing, the rules will fade into the distance. If not, you will be pissed off to the max and it's all crap imo.

One of the problems without a set of MOMS ie NZ is that from area to area club to club there is no continuity  ::)

In the series held in the north island we do not have a recognised pre 78 class so some 75 and 76 models do get into the Classic class ( your pre 75 class) and it works for us .
We tried to run a pre 78 class and true pre 75 but pre 78 was woefully undersupported  ::)

Its far from perfect here but the self governing seems to work . I would love to see continuity throughout the country but dont think it will happen.

A mate entered a south island event a couple of years ago and phoned the organisers before going to make sure he could ride his 75 GP husky in pre 75 and was told yes thats all good.
It was all good until he won the day and was then told he would have to ride evo at the next rd  ::) He had no chance of winning either class in a 3 rd series so he never went back .
As i say its far from perfect here but its ok  :)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
O.K. so it's basically just a bad choice of words in the rulebook,Interestingly it's only mentioned in the evo class,which i guess is because it is a technology not year model based class, I don't want to argue the rules,just wanted to know what it meant because it did not make sense to me,Now i realize that's because it doesn't make sense :D