Author Topic: comp licence  (Read 1714 times)

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
comp licence
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:30:31 PM »
Just got my renewal $290.00 national and $100.00 Recreational .  I think it's time for black meetings again!!!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Re: comp licence
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
Yeah.....great ...see you in the dole q after paying for hospital..

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 06:47:38 PM »
On the MV website the 2013 renewal form is $285.00 & a Rec Licence is $85.50, I thought the prices were meant to be across the board  ???

This is also a timely reminder to all riders that were injured in 2012, if you are on the suspended riders list, you will need a Medical Clearance to participate in events in 2013.

Below has been copied from the MV Website,

For medical reasons, Motorcycling Victoria may need to suspend the licence of a rider for a period of time. The following was passed by the MV Board earlier this year:

Any rider injured whilst competing in a Motorcycling Victoria permitted event that results in them directly (in an Ambulance from the track) or indirectly (by private car as known by the Event Steward, CoC or Secretary, even post event) attending hospital for injury treatment requires a Medical Clearance from a State Registered Medical Practitioner. Furthermore the Event Steward via his report reserves the right to request a Medical Clearance on any rider they deem necessary after an incident, even if the rider doesn't go directly to hospital on the day (ie: refusal). To view the current Suspension list in Victoria, go to www.motorcyclingvic.com.au click on riders and then click on Suspended Riders list.

Dawn Baker  Blue Rock MCC

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »
Refer to the MV website www.motorcyclingvic.com.au and under the heading riders, there is some info re insurance, not that I understand the legalities. Maybe someone of higher authority in the MA world who look at this forum will provide some clarity to licence holders  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:53:11 PM by 2 shocks »

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
Walter..years ago when HIH and Ansett went down ..the insurer for MA disappeared also...MA set up it's own insurer "off-shore" ..in the Isle of Man I think... I believe it is called M.A.I.L.....  all the details about benefits etc are in the MOMS...

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
MA is plain and simple and insurance company now days
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A