Author Topic: jetting probs experienced help needed  (Read 1184 times)

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
jetting probs experienced help needed
« on: December 30, 2012, 09:59:21 am »
i have a dt200l.. i have done a few mods to it pipe and v-force 4 reeds transfers cleaned up standard carb no air box..it goes really well very happy..
how ever i also bought a 32 mm carb for it..i put this on and started to jet it in..at low speeds its great power is much improved and throttle response as well..it will pull cleanly through the rev range..BUT if i sit at 80-90kms per hr roll the throttle on..it  will cut out all together..this is just as i start  to get to the mid range throttle position. i have done plug chops but the color is like a brick red so does not really indicate or help..i have riched the clip postion as much as i can but no difference. i guess my over all question is ..does this sound like a drastically lean mid range scenario? i have never experienced this before
ps does not do it with stock 28mm carb.
thanks

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: jetting probs experienced help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 10:53:38 am »
   Hey twinrock ! you need to start at the start on this one- check you have sufficient fuel flow at the hose /carb undo the cap while its flowing to check the breather's not blocked then check the taps getting enough flow (starving ?)  if its ok move on to the carb/float settings or jetting :)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:58:28 am »
Float level and as above fuel flow. If your using a RGV VJ21 carb pull out the plastic filter in the fuel inlet on the carb and run a inline filter
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:25:56 pm »
thanks guys i adjusted the float height made all the difference problem solved..!!