Author Topic: Grasstrack for real men.  (Read 4264 times)

ianaust

Re: Grasstrack for real men.
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:34:31 PM »
Been to a couple of these with Wiggy, he was pretty good at this place but there is another in Southern France he was almost unbeatable, you arent seeing the wheelies they do absolutely unreal, they also have one that is a triangle with one right hander but jumps on the other two sides. Steve you need to get out more and go to some

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
{they also have one that is a triangle| getting round the three pointy bits fast must be a thrill/challenge 8)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
After looking through the Utube Grasstrack videos at Teterow etc I went looking for this photo

Manfred Poschenreider was a top Grasstracker and Longtracker of his day, right behind him in this shot is gun English rider Lew Coffin, there almost seems to have been some needle, just under the surface, in Anglo / German clashes  on the track. Is that a bullseye or an RAF roundel on Lew's helmet ??

The 2007 ?? World Longtrack final was held in Unzud, New Plymouth on a  1000 metre track , Crumpy the younger rode and won the B final. The A final and the World Title, were gunna be decided between Gerd Riss and Kelvin Tatum, bloody hell, what a race !! No quarter asked and none given, there were four other riders in that race but they may as well have been on another planet !. I still watch the video of it from time to time.
Foss
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:43:48 PM by JAP 454 »