Author Topic: Calling all MOMs anoracks !  (Read 6539 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all MOMs anoracks !
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 04:04:44 pm »
Quote from: evo550 link=topic=26716.msg259989#msg259989 date=
..I disagree, the scrutineers role is to check it complies with the rule book be that safety rules or not (numbers in areil bold MT font)  ???
As for the front sprocket on a modern bike that's open, it should be alright. Just some vintage bike would have a problem.
Mate no offence but if that's what you think after three days you need to be demoted back to level 1. Sprocket cover are mandatory on all bikes if there is a space of 30 mm form the swing arm pivot be it modern classic or a push bike..... From that response you bag me out for lines in the sand and then you say your letting a "modern break the rules cause it should be  alright "  is that a technical term ?. Like I said you check the things that hurt people, then  if you wanna play tap spokes knoc yourself out, its is up to you.

Well point me in the right direction Freaky, a modern bike (1997 ktm 250 exc) measures nowhere near 30mm gap between the sprocket and the outside of the swingarm pivot, so I interpret that as acceptable under the MOMs, do you think otherwise?

I'm not having a go at anyone, and I'm certainly not going to be spoke tapping and wheel wobbling, I'm just wondering why others do it.
You level 4's are so wound up and highly strung, take a Bex and lie down.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:08:44 pm by evo550 »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 05:14:31 pm »
spoke tapping

I'd like a $ for everytime we borrowed our spoke spanner this year at bike events.
Learn by example the riders of today for tomorrow  ;)
cheers A
Best is in the West !!

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2012, 07:51:49 pm »
yer aar !!!!  the 2013 MoMS is out on the MA website