Author Topic: Rakman Series?  (Read 1738 times)

IT400C

Rakman Series?
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:38:09 pm »
Gents, what years were the Rakman Series run?  Does anyone have a list of events etc for the various years?

It was run for 2 or 3 years wasn't it?  NSW, Vic and Qld???

And does anyone know what year the Can-Am broke in half at the Queensland round?  Was the rider Kel Wearne?

Does anyone have a riders list or entrants list for the Rakman Series?  Especially for the Queensland Round where the Can-Am did it's magical "Lets see what a Wheelbase of Infinity is Like" act...   ;D

Thanks heaps,

Tony
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:02:38 pm by IT400C »

IT400C

Re: Rakman Series?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:02:21 pm »
Anyone out there know anything about the Rakman Series???

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:31:50 pm »
I remember them, might even have a story in an old mag........will have a look.

Offline vintage815

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:00 pm »
Hi there young Tony, I have some info on the Rakman National Enduro Series, there were 2 rounds in Queensland, the first was at Kenilworth, and the other round, which was the final round, was run by my Club, Toowoomba Motorcycle Club. We started the event from the sports ground behind the Cabarlah Pub, which is around 15mins north of Toowoomba. We called it Misty Mountain, there was no mist that's for sure, being held early December it was plenty hot enough for the southerners who complained all weekend. Some things never change. I have more info that I'll scan and email to you.

Lawrie

Offline vintage815

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:00 pm »
Long story short, the event was at Kenilworth and the ADB story quotes: The Can Am was ridden by Kel Wearne, he was the trailblazer being rider No 1A. The trail had two steep little drops. The first about 3mtrs and the second 5 mtrs and a flat step of about one bike length in between.  He had just re passed another rider after getting lost when he took off over the first drop, hit the step and the whole rear end bounced and went left. He took the next drop completely out of control and ploughed into the ground at the bottom.  The following rider was horrified. He just lay there and he thought he was dead.  The bike was actually broken in 3 parts. Kel had breaks to his collar bone, concussion and a badly strained back.

Lawrie 

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 08:51:57 pm »
Quote: the bike was in 3 pieces. Kel had a broken collar bone, concussion and a badly strain back.
Yeah....but where did he finish?? :D :D :D