Author Topic: Suzuki CCI  (Read 7495 times)

Doc

Re: Suzuki CCI
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 07:36:01 pm »
damn, there goes my factory racer theory! :D if the holes don't go through they must be cast unless someone has mastered the art of drilling around corners ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:40:15 pm by Doc »

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »
This is a very old thread, but my guess is the respondents are still around (hoping so).  Just wondering - my TS manual in the 'Performance mods' section at the back suggests doing the following so as to allow removal of the metal oil tank:

- remove cable from pump and wire the pump lever at 'second notch'
- swap the oil line to the manifold with the one to the LH bearing, and vice versa
- use premix.

I would have guessed the goal is to end up with LH bearing getting pumped oil, but no oil into manifold/premix.  So, given my understanding that the flow rate to the bearing is fixed and not dependent on pump opening, I would have thought you could:

- remove cable from pump
- disconnect the manifold oil line and stop up outlet for this at pump and at manifold
- use premix.
That way, the bearing keeps getting its fixed oil flow, and can use premix.  The only variation would be to put the bearing oil line on the manifold oil line outlet and connect that to the bearing (and plug up the bearing line outlet), with lever at second notch, for more oil to bearing?

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 10:47:36 pm »
I haven’t heard of changing the oil lines over but that doesn’t mean much.

Some of my TM manuals give delivery rates for different throttle positions so it must be something to do with oil delivery rates at that pump position.

I wouldn’t plug either of the oil lines as the pump may not have a relief valve and could damage it’s self.
You will still need an oil tank although much smaller.

Suzuki did make a kit oil tank that holds enough oil to feed the bottom end for about two tanks of fuel

My TS90MX runs the oil pump in a fixed position and premix. There is a small oil tank under the seat.
I don't know (at present) which oil line goes to the which oil inlet and if they are the same way around as the TM or not.
In other words whether Suzuki changed the oil lines around when they ran pre-mix
The older I get, the faster I was