Author Topic: Wanted Cheap 250cc + bike?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
Wanted Cheap 250cc + bike?
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:17:15 am »
After the sale of my CR Im hurting and need something to replace it.I only have up to $2000 to spend.Would be happy with a 4 stroke coverted traily like a XT/DR 500 but want a bike I can run at north brissy and QVMX so only up to EVO.I also have an FJ1200 94 in nice condition I could add in as a trade for a nicer bike as I just bought the FJ on an impulse and have since decided against the road.
Please let me know if you can help,2 or 4 stroke Im easy.Could meet at Bidadaba on the weekend.Would love to buy something and hit the track.Cheers,James.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 08:00:37 pm by James Lee »

Simo63

Re: Wanted Cheap big bore bike?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:48:01 am »
Hi James

I have a really nice 1977 IT400D with only 350 odd miles on the clock.  I put new tyres on it and took off the cracked originals.  US import (with import approval) last registered in 1979.

Absolutely stock as a rock and like brand new (aside from slightly discoloured plastics). Seriously like a time warp. 

Might be too old for you but with this bike you could ride Vinduro, Pre 78 and Evo. 

I would want $3000 for it and could do you a deal on the FJ and/or cash depending on what condition the might FJ is in.

I'll be at Biddaddaba this weekend if you're going.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:23 am »
that sort of money you can have a nice DR500 with an extra wheel and you can take a mate with you when you ride-contact the sidecar boys on the week end.

Simo63

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:28:05 am »
that sort of money you can have a nice DR500 with an extra wheel and you can take a mate with you when you ride-contact the sidecar boys on the week end.

Lol .. nah James can ride well enough to take the training wheel off  ;D

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »

Thats funny Craig,I wouldnt mind a sidehack and was hoping you would swing for me ;).

Simo63

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:31 pm »

Thats funny Craig,I wouldnt mind a sidehack and was hoping you would swing for me ;).

Last time I swung in a side car it was a TZ750 powered windel (spelling??) .... that cured me from doing that ever again  ;D

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:28:40 pm »
now ya talking  ;)

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 03:12:06 pm »
Craig Ill give you a call tonight about the IT .

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 03:31:47 pm »
Heres a pic of the FJ1200,its quite a tidy one,would like $2500 as a trade,only 66000 KMs which isnt much for one of these.Will get more pics when I give it a clean.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:34:30 pm by James Lee »