Author Topic: Deltec mini's  (Read 11459 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Deltec mini's
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:55 pm »
I remember starting was always a scary deal, throttle and pull chord on the same side.... so left hand crossed over to grab the throttle, about half turn should do it, right hand down behind the leg and..pull.
If the clutch engaged before you had enough time to back off with your left hand all hell broke loose....especially if Dad had a few heavy stubbies and decided he knew best  :D :D flat on his arse.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 10:21:54 pm »
I remember starting was always a scary deal, throttle and pull chord on the same side.... so left hand crossed over to grab the throttle, about half turn should do it, right hand down behind the leg and..pull.
If the clutch engaged before you had enough time to back off with your left hand all hell broke loose....especially if Dad had a few heavy stubbies and decided he knew best  :D :D flat on his arse.

.........sounds just like starting my Rokons :o  So nice that things have moved ahead for me :-\
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:41 pm »
I am going to the coaters tomorrow to pick my Rockhopper frame thats waiting for me looking all lovely and bright red again  ;D Should't take all that long to put it all back together. I'll post up some pics when im done ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »
I am going to the coaters tomorrow to pick my Rockhopper frame thats waiting for me looking all lovely and bright red again  ;D Should't take all that long to put it all back together. I'll post up some pics when im done ;)
The Rockhoppers and Grassgrubs were candy apple red and candy apple green.. can powder coaters do those colours?

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Deltek mini's
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 06:27:04 am »
The Deltek Rockhopper had a metalic bronze orange coloured frame, not candy apple red, the base model Deltek with no suspension was called a Bushwacker and had a candy apple blue frame, all Delteks were powered by Victa 125 motors as standard, Delteks were made at the same factory as the Grand Prix minibike. I have a Rockhopper fitted with an optional front brake assembly.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:07:42 am by BETRIC »
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »
This add must have sold a lot of Delteks,nothing better than a hotttie in a pair of C.F.M. boots :-*

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 08:47:57 pm »
This is serious mum :D

STW996

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00:52 am »
I had a Kirby engined Grand Prix. It was a hardtail. Lotsa fun....the chain would derail whenever the sprocket dug into the dirt (often!), the handlebars bent at their bolt mount and I got regularly electrocuted trying to kill the spark while trying not touching the top of the exposed sparkplug. Yeah, lotsa memories ;D
 JohhnyO's pictured model was the deluxe version. I was still happy with the poverty pack version although the handlebars only folded when the mounts broke completely!
[/quote]

Hey we had these when we first started. Our father was a mower mechanic, we also had Deltek frames with Victor engines and the old style Victor starters as the had a lot of compression, we also ran (in the end) Kirby engines but with jack shafts so as the read sprocket did not dig in. The old old man was pretty good at hotting them up as well.