Author Topic: Prices Sydney area compared to the bush  (Read 895 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Prices Sydney area compared to the bush
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:54:53 pm »
  A mate went to get new glasses this morning from an optometrist in Camden. Had the eye test and ordered 2 pair (1 bifocals 1 readers), no fancy frames $149 each.  When it came time to pay the girl told him there would be $50 off and after his medical funds contribution he had to pay $908.  I asked how f#*-en much and told him I had mine done on tuesday of this week and I had the choice of frames up to the value of $199 each for (2 pairs) (both readers) no $50 discount and my fund covers the lot I pay nothing.  I know bifocals are a bit more expensive but to me an extra $908 is a rip off and is more to do with location than the product provided I have had a look through his glasses in the past and they are no better than mine (joke).
  When we are asked to pay more for fuel etc in the bush we are told its the additional cost of freight and be that right or not, it is something that needs to be considered.  Maybe glasses are all made in the bush now and they charge the shops closer to the larger cities a heap of money to transport them.
    (NO ITS A F*#@EN RIP OFF)
                                                 Zane

ps Not VMX but we are all getting older and will most likely end up wearing glasses. 

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.