Author Topic: Honda - OEM Online parts - Where ?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Honda - OEM Online parts - Where ?
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:54:21 pm »
ok Honda men, i normally get my OEM Honda parts over the counter, yes i am a bit old school but now need to come forward a bit.

Where do you get your OEM parts online? Links please?

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
Re: Honda - OEM Online parts - Where ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »
This is the best place I have found. I've ordered a number of times over the past 4 years. Their interface works well, their diagrams are good, and what they say is in stock is usually correct. I usually receive the orders 2-3 weeks after I order and pay them by PayPal. Shipping is USD $40-$70, but the parts are cheap. http://www.partzilla.com/
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:24:25 am »
thanks Ken.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1986 Honda CR250RG

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 07:31:45 am »
Most of the bigger dealers would have an online service, why not check out your favorite or the one who's served you best? You can look up all the part numbers at www.motogrid.com, once you have that a simple phone call to someone local to check stock, price & availability. Some of the OS parts suppliers will happily take your money, then send you a message saying the part is "out of stock" & will be supplied "when" it becomes available. Talking to a person is better than typing to a computer. Give Noel a call at Elliott Brothers MPE (54435555) if you don't have anyone down there.
K

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:41 am »
After doing price comparisons from many Honda dealers I found that Peter Stevens in Melbourne were 15% cheaper than any other dealer, they posted my parts to me next day.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 01:16:24 pm »
If you are having difficulty sourcing some NOS items have a look at this guy's parts list. They are in NZ and I have used them in the past. PDF parts list available for easy P/N searching.

http://www.econohonda.co.nz/index.html
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,

Offline CRTAD313

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 11:27:11 am »
I use www.motorcyclegoodies.com when I have a bit of stuff to get, they do all the major brands.Not worth it for small orders as freight is obviously dearer but with most items being a third to half the price the savings have been massive. Their lists have been very accurate as far as stock availability and on the one occasion something wasn't available I was refunded for the item, a couple of items there was a wait to get so I had the option to wait or take a refund on those also . I would have loved to have spent this money in Aus but after a lot of shopping around here and os the difference in price is nothing short of ridiculous , some of these orders were placed when the Aus dollar was very strong also so there is no excuse. It simply would have not been viable to restore the bikes I have to the standard I have using Aus dealers, which really is a shame.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 02:14:35 pm »
Most of the bigger dealers would have an online service, why not check out your favorite or the one who's served you best? You can look up all the part numbers at www.motogrid.com, once you have that a simple phone call to someone local to check stock, price & availability. Some of the OS parts suppliers will happily take your money, then send you a message saying the part is "out of stock" & will be supplied "when" it becomes available. Talking to a person is better than typing to a computer. Give Noel a call at Elliott Brothers MPE (54435555) if you don't have anyone down there.
K

Thanks Mick, i rang this morning as they listed a part and spoke to john he was very helpful but its an NLA part and it was in their stock.

Thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.
1986 Honda CR250RG