Author Topic: WOW, who bought these?  (Read 1909 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: WOW, who bought these?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 02:10:27 PM »
Holy Crap  :o :o :o :o

I really hope it was someone that is going to make moulds and use them to get the correct colour blue.  I don't have an IT, but I think that is the kind of thing NOS plastics should be used for (prior to putting it on a bike).  Goes without saying that they don't make 'em anymore - but someone should ::).  Proper injection moulded ones that are identical to the real thing  :-\
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »
I got outbid on another NOS RH one about 3 months ago, it went for only a shade over $200, the seller (if he gets paid) will be well pleased with what they went for.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

IT400C

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
I really hope it was someone that is going to make moulds and use them to get the correct colour blue. 

on that note, if anyone out there is looking to colour match the IT blue - I've got a couple of NOS IT400C petrol tanks that have lived their entire lives inside the original Yamaha boxes (no colour fading)..

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
Holy Crap  :o :o :o :o

I really hope it was someone that is going to make moulds and use them to get the correct colour blue.  I don't have an IT, but I think that is the kind of thing NOS plastics should be used for (prior to putting it on a bike).  Goes without saying that they don't make 'em anymore - but someone should ::).  Proper injection moulded ones that are identical to the real thing  :-\

problem is the cost mate.
ive got a set of nos side covers and the cheapest place i can find was about $4000

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »
Yeah, I know.  You need to sell a lot of sets to recover your investment.
I have thought about it for a heap of plastic items, but I don't have any experience in manufacturing  :-\

What about China ??
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »
that was china!
uk was next at about 6k.

Ive got none either, so i went through some friends of friends who are in the industry.

I want some DG octopus hand grips, i bid an absurd amount on a set on ebay and missed them -  the only set ive ever seen for sale.
to get some made in the design is about 2k!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »
Steveo, you ought to talk to Scott from VMX Plastics if you're serious.
He's got the gear, the contacts and the knowledge.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.