Author Topic: DT/RT1-2-3 Clutch lifter mod. [well, my mod anyway].  (Read 956 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
DT/RT1-2-3 Clutch lifter mod. [well, my mod anyway].
« on: February 15, 2013, 02:39:38 pm »
Did this mod years ago, had plenty of use & works good. Was just fitting it onto one of my fleet of relics so took some pics incase it helps someone. I'm sure i used the removable 4 start worm from either an RD250/400 or an RD350 but can't remember as had both covers. Must have got rid of the original & fitted the 4 start plastic outer in from the outside & is held in by the outer cap. Bit of a pain to set the pushrod adjuster as cap holds outer worm in place but can be done. Operates perfect & distances work out despite fitting from outside [maybe it's a longer worm. only drawback is the cap sits proud by the thickness of the worm mount ears but i'll live with that.
Made up a cable starting from a chinese scooter cable, & nearly used a bing needle jet for a lower nipple in desperation, then decided i had plenty of mikuni main jets but in the end i pinched a nipple of something else with enough meet to drill to 2.55mm. Anyway--where was i--pics coming to enjoy or [laugh at a couple of rat bikes].

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: DT/RT1-2-3 Clutch lifter mod. [well, my mod anyway].
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 02:49:39 pm »
in addition, the conical suzuki front hub takes the DT1 brake plate without much altering that i recall but is a pain as has gone out of round. Happened about 20 years ago in a sort of motard i suppose [motard before we had motards] at the local roadrace track & the brake overheated on the tarseal bit & now it gallops to a stop terrible] Have to get it machined round while still built up as did un-build it to get in my small lathe but was ok, or near as, then rebuilt & she went egg shape again--damn. Has a thin brake liner held in by countersunk screws.