Author Topic: MOMS - Who is Responsible?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
MOMS - Who is Responsible?
« on: October 16, 2012, 03:39:16 pm »
After the recent dirt track titles I am a little confused on the enforcement of the rules.
Can someone enlighten me if I have it wrong.
In a couple of classes there were place getters that in my interpretation of the moms that were not eligible to run in that class.
I wont go into the details as the blokes rode well to get the result however we were informed on sun morn that the officials would be keeping an eye on it but seemed to have missed everyone except for Jim in the 263+ race.
With letters on display for all to see it seems that the only ones that missed it were the officials. ???
Would it be fair to say that the race sec should know what is eligible for each class before accepting entries?
I can understand some leeway at club days but at a national event I would think that those running the show should know the rules.
In the last race two blokes crashed  on the first corner, sat on their backsides, the race was stopped and they were allowed to rejoin the grid, very confusing.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:44:57 pm by Sorelegs11 »
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: MOMS - Who is Responsible?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 04:23:35 pm »
yes there were a few pre75 bikes in the pre78 races and yes i was told i could not get any points in the pre70 but i was let to ride not much else but come last up aganst 750s
next year i will have a 650 bsa so no problems then
jim

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »
Without getting into it too much on here, basically yes you are right, it wasnt run to Nat standards IMHO.

There were a few things over the weekend that made me feel i had travelled 1300km to a club event. both on and off the track.

I guess the host did the best they could but could have been supported more to get it correct from the outset.  ( maybe the fear of low numbers had them scrambling for classes to fill, and im not sure who is responsible to take that on board so it can be improved for subsiquent.

Regarding bikes riding up and across, Yes the Race Sec did get that wrong and it created some issues, specifically with bikes out of era, incorrect capacity and component eligibility, having said that it also falls across the other  key officals to have been across this and they werent, the scrutinners should have checked bikes against there entry in the program and the COC should have been up on the Classic section of the MOMS when taking on the event. 

..........Not until the COC realised ( was told) there was actually wrong bikes riding across and up, on the sunday after it was pointed out in many many classes and bikes was this addressed,  to his credit he did speak to some of the obvious offenders and indicated they would not be allowed to contest for the title in that class should they choose to continue to ride in it.

It was a little late in the peice that they realsied the errors and where any eligible rider would be disavantaged by not making the final then the assurred us they would correct it. ( not sure how that went)

I was also told any wrong bikes making the finals where advised they would be vito'd if they where in the top 3.......... ( which was some progress to your comments legs)

Legs, all you commnets are correct and are fair representations of areas of concern that need to be managed for next year.

Lastly, In Jims specific case he was actually in that class as the 250cc PRe 70 class was cancelled at the 11 hour and the pre 70 263 class actually was to become the 'pre 70 all powers' class to make it an Australain title.    But the programs, supp regs and so on where already done and too late as well to do a rider note in the mail as i think only me and him where initially entered and we were advised.   Had the class title been noted as updated to a pre 70 all powers event you wouldnt probally have noticed him.

Personally, i feel there needs to be a check list provided to any club that hosts a National title, these go right down to not only the racing, but the pits, the showers, the toilets .... RACE number events boards (to be compulsory). 

There should be a check list so that every club builds on the previous successes and avoid the shortcomings.  Having a key minimum list they can work from and even a please consider list they can work though for ideas.

Giving hosting clubs that sort of feedback and checklist gives them better skills to organinse a trouble free event and the ability to run it with ease.  ( remeber it may be there first event, new to the committee or club, or coming back to them after 4 or so years)  So much changes.

I feel many incendents over the weekend could have been managed and one in particular been totally avoided if they had been across these simple items and a hosting check list would have given them the scope to easily cope with these expectations.

Please dont take this as a bash on the event, im very greatful ACT chose to host the event again, but it highlights or rather points out some of the fundamental things we need to do to assist clubs to help host our events and basically to make it easy for them and easy for us.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:06:55 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »
on a good note i was the 1st 250 to finish in the pre70 final so????????????????????????
all good