Author Topic: SOLD. 1984 Kawasaki KDX200 x2, with tons of spares. SOLD  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
SOLD. 1984 Kawasaki KDX200 x2, with tons of spares. SOLD
« on: September 06, 2012, 03:39:43 pm »
SOLD! SOLD SOLD SOLD!

***Bike running well, with replacement stator***

Yes, this is the one I've been riding in various  vinduros - including be part of the winning team at Harrow in 2011, Benalla back in 2009 etc.

Compliance-plated 1984 model.

Motor is good, although the kick-starter slips about half the time when cold. Slips about 5% of the time when warmed.
Bike starts easily.
Very good pipe, alloy silencer.
Near new air-filter element.

Bike presents well without being a show-pony. Basically good plastics, including an excellent pair of genuine side covers (NLA long ago - RHS one was new a couple of years back but has some scratches from the top of my boot, LHS is even better). Rear guard has a blow-torch cut from the exhaust gases.
Has the original headlight fitted - surround has been repaired using the old pop-rivet trick - it looks ok and is structurally solid, but is the ugliest bit of the bike.
Almost brand new, genuine, US-spec tail-light lens fitted.
Near new aftermarket tool pouch on the rear guard.

Very recently rebuilt shock, with heavier spring from a KDX200D.
Fresh fork seals. Forks have very good chrome, with only a couple of small spots between the triples. Stiffer KDX250 springs fitted.
YZ125K top triple clamp (fits straight on, moves bars forward for more room).
Wheel bearings and swingarm bearings all good. Small amount of vertical play in the linkage.

Renthal alloy bars, Goddard BarkBusters, good levers, grips etc.
Very good tyres front and rear (both at 95% tread of better).
Chain and sprockets in good used condition. Alloy rear sprocket, X-ring chain.

You get all of the stock bits too (see below).

Also included is my unfinished "Super KDX200" project:
Clean compliance-plated 1984 model frame with good paint.

Rebuilt motor - new bearings and seals where needed. Has steel lined barrel - really deserves a rebore, but useable as is.
Good rod/big end.
Converted to '89 KX125 ignition.

1984 KX250 43mm forks and triples, with disc brake front.

(Has '85 disc rotor, wheel is '84 model, complete with '83 date stamp)

Early Floater-RM shock conversion (still needs some spacers or different bearings to complete this conversion).
New swing arm bearings.
Almost brand new exhaust pipe (see pic below)
Seat with good non-genuine cover (see pic below).

Apart from the headlight and kick-start lever, you'd go close to finishing this bike without stealing bits off the complete one, but logically, you'd take the best bits off the complete one to make the best bike.

Also, also included:

Complianced 1984 frame, rear loop cut off.

Non-complianced 1983 frame, triples, swing arm.

Shock - works OK but leaking.

2x A fuel tanks.

1x B tanks.

A seat.
B seat.

Three pairs of forks (partner to the "Castrol" fork is at work).

Two pair of wheels, inc a good rear with decent tyre and a pretty good front tyre.

Piles of motor stuff - gearboxes, cases, a barrel needing replating/sleeving, etc.

Tons of other odds and sods.

You'd go pretty close to putting together a complete third bike, but it would very definitely need a major motor rebuild.

How much for all this treasure?

I'd like $2000 for the lot.
If I can't and/or you're impatient and are willing to take the risk, then we can talk.

Am willing to seperate, within reason. Obviously, there's no problem in selling either bike, or selling spares - but if I keep the project bike, I'd like to keep the good side covers.
Also willing to sell the complete bike in down-graded spec (steel bars, older tyres, whatever suits you), if you want to do it cheap.

Nathan
In Yass, southern NSW.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:23:20 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

TM BILL

Re: 1984 Kawasaki KDX200 x2, with tons of spares.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 04:22:46 pm »
OK i recognise you in the first shot  :) but whos the fat bloke in shots 2 and 3  ??? and the fast bloke in shot 4  ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:58:14 pm »
I have an amazing ability to look 30kgs heavier than I am, simply by getting on a dirt bike.
It's a really useful talent to have...

The last shot is deceptive - I was going about walking pace when it was taken, and it just worked out OK.

99% sure I'm taking the KDX to CD9 now, so if anyone is interested, come and have a chat.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:44:22 pm »
Bump for photos in original post.