Author Topic: 1989 500CC MX Namur Belgium Trophy Leisky Geboers signed by DeCoster  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Gday all dont know how to post pics, full story on Flea-bay, passing the Old Cup on after 23 yrs.

1989 500CC MX Namur Belgium Trophy Leisky Geboers signed by DeCoster - 330773472545

Any further queries you can email me , plenty of Google docs and video's to support Jeffs gutsiest Race Ive ever witnessed

Stay Safe Rosco

[email protected]

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 1989 500CC MX Namur Belgium Trophy Leisky Geboers signed by DeCoster
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:24:20 pm »
A cup like this needs to be presented to a gutsy rider at a special VMX event in Oz..Not on a bar in some house..imo
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1989-500CC-MX-Namur-Belgium-Trophy-Leisky-Geboers-signed-Roger-DeCoster-/330773472545?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item4d03a2a521

Gday all MX VMX fans, this is a Rare Piece of 500 CC MX History I'm offering for Auction for the First time in 23 Years, since the day it was handed to us at Namur at the Grand Prix De Belgique on the 6-08-1989 Leisky's debut 2nd in Championship Year.

I have another couple of special projects coming up and thought it’s time to let someone else enjoy this rare piece of MX History.

Jeff’s Dad and Mum, Bob and Helen were at the event as well as Ritchie Rose’s parents to witness this Epic day at the beginning of August,

Leisky went out after 45 mins + a lap dominated the Win in Moto 1 over his Team Honda Team Mates Dave Thorpe and Eric Geboers previous 500 cc World Champion’s.  In between Race 1 and 2 Leisky as usual didn’t say to much but wasn’t feeling to flash. As it turns out after vomiting nearly 4 times during race 2 and dehydrated to the max and no energy left to challenge ended up still a incredible 4th.

It got in from the race and we had to lift him off the bike he was so wrecked, and get him on a drip, he was in that bad of away didn’t even make the Podium which ended up a team Honda Sweep. With Thorpe going 2/1, Leisky going 1/ 4 and Geboers going 4/3 for points of 37, 33, 32.

As you can see I have included Italy Motocross Magazine story showing results and Podium without Jeff and Eric really believed on the day he got 2nd and Jeff 3rd.

Anyway Jeff didn’t check or care about 2nd or 3rd so the Trophy, and was just put with his many other’s in Garry Benn’s basement spare room, which one day Jeff said he was having a clean up and getting rid of them all, and if there was anything I want take it.

Citadel, Namur, Geboers, Thorpe, Jeff’s Mum and Dad there, and what I consider his gutsiest ride I have seen him in over to that point 15 yrs of riding. You can Google and watch this most famous Race and Jeff’s win and struggles in race 2.

You have never seen anything like this on offer, as you know normally end up with Rider, Manufacture or Sponsor.

Spread the Word and Stay Safe.

Rosco Holden

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:31:57 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

maico police

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:46 am »
I'm sorry but there just seems something wrong about that.
A bit like selling Victoria Cross's.
Sorta de-values the whole event if it only sells for 500 bucks..... :-X

Offline Rosco

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 07:33:03 pm »
Gday Mont, sorry haven’t replied quicker, I appreciate your post for the passion which is why we are all on this Forum and the love of the 2 Wheel Machine.

But none of us would have been here if no one seen fit to sell, trade or move on anything we have owned, 60/70/80/90's Bikes and the like.

That Namur Trophy has given me 23 yrs of pleasure, and if some how it goes to a New home with that person, that will be excited as the day I got it, it’s now worth double any monetary value.

Maybe you would like to make me an offer that I can’t refuse, Victoria Cross value and I will with draw from eBay, and you are the proud new owner.

Let me assure you what ever I do or don’t get for it, will just help me in my Special Aussie M/Cycles projects that will come to life in 2013.

Hope you all had a Great Weekend. Smile it’s Infectious, and the Sun will be shinning more Soon, Winter has nearly got the ASS!

Rock on CD9, SHIT I was fast in the Carpark ask BARF

:Rosco