Author Topic: Mr Barsby...Listen up  (Read 1249 times)

ted

Mr Barsby...Listen up
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:52:28 pm »
Here i go again...Looks like i just bought a 250 H

My questions are :

Where did you get the shiny plastics from for your 250

Are they reliable, quick and answer the phone

Thanks Champ

I will get the tank painted , so give me a call RE : your tanks

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Barsby...Listen up
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:00:04 pm »
Ring Les at Mainly Maico....he's in Newcastle.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

ted

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:34:55 pm »
I`ve had his XYZ stuff...its crap

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:42:59 pm »
i believe Ted asked for "shiny" plastics Davey.
remember them?
knowing our Mr Barsby, he found some rare exotic NOS sidepanels as his are squeaky clean.
"flat bickie"

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:00:54 pm »
The only "shiney" plastic you will get are XYZ, they own the moulds and Maier make them for them....unless you want to unload meggar dollars for NOS.....shit, I have a set of them....you can have them for a grand.....DC dont shine because of the type of plastic they use.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:23:46 am »
Geez, I leave the computer for two friggin minutes and I miss my chance to shine  ;D ;D

My Side covers are XYZ .... yes I said XYZ ::).  If you can get him to talk you the side covers are very good.  You can still buy the front and rear guards new from Yamaha as far as I know (that's what I've got on mine.  XYZ do them as well - you should expect a decent finish on them as well.  Pretty sure they make the G/H style duck bill front guard too.  Front number plate I got from DC plastics.  I was disapointed by the finish, but once you put the graphics on it isn't too bad.

Paint the tank like you did on the 125 and you are flash as a rat with a gold tooth.  Then all you need is a CHROMED GMC pipe and ...... 8)

Well you know the rest.  Maiers are shiney, but the fit is crapola.  I stand to be corrected, but i think that is what Les sells.  The moulds for MAiers are different from XYZ.  Alopogies to all those I have undoubtedly offended, just my experience.  I have a set of Maiers, DC Plastics and XYZ.  XYZ are by far the best fit and finish, they even have 2 cool little filtered inlets where Yamaha put theirs.  Service is the hard part...  I was going to buy a heap of sets off him and become an Australian agent, but he is a REALLY bad communicator.

When I get some patience back I may try again :-\.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.