Author Topic: Cylinder Replating  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Cylinder Replating
« on: July 02, 2012, 04:24:09 pm »
I'm after people's opinions regarding Kawasaki cylinder replating. I have a cylinder that needs recoating. I was going to send it to Electrosil but have heard that NZ Cylinders do an excellent job and are cheaper. I'm hoping just beacause they are cheper doesn't reflect in the finished product. Had a look around there website and links and they look good. They even through in a free packet of smarties. Has anyone used them or can recommend someone.

http://www.nzcylinders.com/Our%20plating%20process.html

http://www.langcourt.com/
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Cylinder Replating
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:25:59 pm »
I had a KX500 cylinder done recently by Electrosil and they did an awesome job.... quick turn around also. They have done a few for me over the years and always do a great job.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:59:56 pm »
All reports I've heard of NZ cylinders work have been really positive, 1 of the local guys had a couple of red rocket cylinders done earlier this year & couldn't be happier.
Have a cylinder for my sherco trials bike that may end up there at some stage if the 1 fitted gets damaged

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:07:16 pm »
Have used and can recomend NZ cylinders, great service and fast turn around .

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:44 pm »
I have never used NZ cylinders but have sent many to Electrosil, with great results.

There was another mob operating in Qld but the results were less than satisfactory :o :o :o CAVEAT EMPTOR!!
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 07:49:36 pm »
There's nothing wrong with Electrosils work, i work in a KTM shop and we send all our cylinders there. I've had my own race bikes done by them also..

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:50 pm »
There's nothing wrong with Electrosils work, i work in a KTM shop and we send all our cylinders there. I've had my own race bikes done by them also..

I know a LOT of people who will disagree with that. Grant at NZ does a great job and has excellent service , all costs are listed up front, no nasty surprises.
Plenty of cylinders go to Millenium in the US what charge about $200 for a straight replate then there is shipping of course.

http://www.mt-llc.com/Ordering/pricing.html
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 08:13:57 pm »
Me also Lozza
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »
Thanks guys for the prompt replies. I have a KDX 250 barrel that is a bit iffy and a KX 500 which has just started to wear through. Plenty of food for thought. Thanks :)
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.