Author Topic: Aftermarket Pipes for the DT2MX?  (Read 947 times)

IT400C

Aftermarket Pipes for the DT2MX?
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:33:29 am »
Hi Guys,

What aftermarket pipes were there for the DT2MX?  And which ones worked best? 

Does anyone currently make a pipe for the DT2MX?  (Ahem, that would mean you Mr GMC  ::)

Are the DT2MX and RT2MX pipes the same?

I have always had a soft spot for Bassani's, and I'd been watching one for nearly 2 years on eBay, just on the off chance that I'd one day buy a DT2MX..   But unfortunately it appears to have sold a month or two before I found my bike...   :'(

I'll be racing it, but I do like to keep my bikes looking as period correct as possible.  And I'll be in the same class as Davey Crocket on his YZ250A.  So more power is a must if I'm to keep him watching my rear mudguard, not the other way round!   ;D  ;D  ;D

And if anyone's got a good DT2MX Bassani they'd care to part with - PM or email me please.

Tony
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:37:04 am by IT400C »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket Pipes for the DT2MX?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48:58 pm »
Your a funny guy....where where you today?....doing the dishes?..vacuming?....I had one of them suckers (pipe that is) but flogged it off a year or two ago...I think Freaky chopped it up for one of his dungers...true story.... :-*
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »
if you did its on my RT1 or DT1 i think, but wasnt 2mx as it didnt run on the wrong side and though the frame like the 2mx needs.  Your better off getting a MX 360 pipe and adjusting the cones to follow the 2mx paths, i'd say.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
I've got two RT2MX pipes....don't know if they're different to the DT2MX but suspect they're the same. I got a very cool Torque Industries pipe to suit an RT2MX off a bloke on Marks Swapmeet. It's an old school cone pipe with no belly but it seems to be a lot better than the stocker. Perhaps an ad on Marks for a Torque or Bassani pipe might get you what you need Tony.

It's kind of ironic that I got the Torque Industries pipe by mistake when what I wanted was a pipe to suit my DT1. After not fitting my DT1 and the Cheney, it fits like a cock in a sock on the Hindall RT2MX...just what I wanted.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:33:34 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha