Author Topic: Show and Shine  (Read 710 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Show and Shine
« on: June 15, 2012, 10:43:15 pm »
   I love to go to a good show and shine with older bikes on display. Not much interested in the shows with mainly modern bikes, Harleys and the like.  We have 2 or 3 shows a year up around the Hunter district like the Norton owners club and a couple of vintage bike clubs.  These shows are worth an entry as well as having a good day looking at the other entries and they appreciate seeing a nice old scrambler or dirt tracker.
   A while back Firko was talking about the possibility of maybe having a show and shine down around the Sydney area.  I for one would be interested in coming down for a look and would bring a couple of bikes with me, it would be good to see some of the other members bikes and to also put a face to some of the names on this forum.  This might happen sometime in the future but I imagine there would be a bit of work involved in getting off the ground arranging a location etc.

p.s.
    While we are on the subject anyone know of any shows around the Central coast, Sydney area that are worth a look.

Zane

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Show and Shine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 10:56:30 pm »
We're in the planning stages right now but there'll be a show'n'shine in conjunction with the Mr VMX meeting in October. I'll start a new thread as soon as we've finalised the details.

Hunter Motorcycle Club, VMX Unlimited invites you to the First Ever Mr Vintage Motocross Show'n'Shine

SUNDAY 21st OCTOBER 2012 at Barliegh Ranch Raceway, Raymond Terrace NSW

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha