Author Topic: free maico  (Read 2485 times)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
free maico
« on: March 22, 2008, 06:48:13 pm »
right dave mac  now i have your attention you you have to answer me pm so i know when i go over there what ive got to do  (stackers)
[email protected]

Re: free maico
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:58:59 pm »
Free? Maico? In the same sentence? Oxymoron!

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 06:59:46 pm »
wtf s a oxy maroon

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 07:02:50 pm »
Two contradictary terms. Night day . Pretty ugly. Maico Yamaha  :D

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 07:05:54 pm »
beethoven had his critics as well...name three of them... :)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:03:11 pm »
Me ,myself and I................ :P Hey am I right 090 just turned """""Legend""""" with this harmless drivel ;) Cheers .. what's a Beethoven?????????
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:06:16 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 09:15:22 pm »
I'm thinking he means Lawrence Van Beethoven - best remembered as a poor little deaf Bavarian boy who loved scrambles back in the mid to late sixties.

It's quite a sad story as legend has it; he was deaf from the age of five (a bizarre gardening accident) and he couldn't see for shit either.
He loved the (limited) sights and sounds (his heightened senses picked up the rumble of the big four strokes) of this exciting new sport.
On his 11th birthday he stepped through the wooden picket fence lining his local scrambles track to get a better view of the racing.
He was horrified to see and hear (or so he thought) a litter of kittens drowning in a large puddle at the bottom of the big hill section.
As he leant further out to check on the kittens he was smacked across the side of the head by a competitors bike; he neither heard nor saw it coming and was killed instantly. 
Sadly the sound of the kittens was nothing more than a Zundapp on its side in the mud - the hissing sound was the hot motor covered in muddy water...

In an effort to prevent such a tragic occurence from ever re-occuring, the Manufacturers of the day agreed to honour the young Beethovens memory.
Even the Japanese were invited to participate...
From that moment on they reduced the numbers of dark coloured bikes; black and grey cycles were on the way out. They put their collective efforts into brightly coloured two strokes, painted in all the colours of the rainbow - Lawrence would've loved that! It was touted the extra loud screaming two strokes could raise the dead (but not Lawrence) and no-one would die saving kittens at the track ever again.

Even today we have a chance to honour the young Lawrence Van Beethoven.
The noise emmisions/decibels issue is being raised tomorrow on the 26th.
If you feel strongly enough about the need to ensure a reasonably safe noise level for kiddies like the young Beethoven, pls take this last opportunity to lodge your comments with MA.

The Board meets tomorrow; pls send your concerns to [email protected]
96db does not keep his memory alive.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:33 pm »
Thanks Tim for pointing that out... Legend status (which i missed) and drivel (that i knew about) .Bit like this post!
Im a legend in my own sweaty 'Elvis' type helmet. ::)

All Things 414

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 06:24:18 pm »
Jeez Wombat (sob) :'( That was touching....... :'( :'( :'(

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:16:54 am »
i remember some one bagging some one about a ebay tranaction  and yet they have taken 5 months to send a front guard to me from sydney to melb  jesus, dave mac  you could off sent it to the forken moon and back buy now  :-[