Author Topic: Husky Automatic production numbers  (Read 921 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Husky Automatic production numbers
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:17:51 PM »
I have been asked by a club that I am associated with if I will put my 1978 390 AMX on display in a group of classic dirt bikes. They also want me to make up a bit of a infomation board to go with the bike. As I have owned it from new, the history of the bike is easy, as is some the technical stuff about how the tranny works.

What I am interested in finding out is how many were actually made, and even better how many were bought into Australia. Does anyone know of any web sites or other sources where I might be able to find info on production numbers and the number of '78 AMX's in Aust?

Thanks,
CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Re: Husky Automatic production numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
Col. If my memory serves me right...Husqvarna was still being imported thru WA in 1978... you may be able to contact John Kirkpatrick in Bunbury WA ..he kept all sorts of records...you may be able to get an indication about how many...

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Husky Automatic production numbers
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »
Thanks Watto, I know mine came in thru John Harris who was located just outside of Cessnock at the time. I used to drop in and see John to buy parts when I was over that way for the 4 Day enduro and other events i used to ride at Cessnock. I can't remember exactly, but I think he lost the Husky import franchise in the early 80's,. And I wouldn't have clue if he is still around now days.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!