Author Topic: A4 fork top clamp  (Read 1129 times)

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
A4 fork top clamp
« on: April 27, 2012, 08:41:15 pm »
To all you A4 owners . i have one here that has swept back handlebar mounts on the top clamp , I looked up my Dirtbike test from the day and it has swept back bars, the owners manual has non swept bar mounts in the picture?
Any Ideas?
 I know Im trainspotting but I wonder if they changed them in production or before they went into production.
Cheers
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline Trent Farlow

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: A4 fork top clamp
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 06:02:15 pm »
The swept back handlebar clamps are correct, the 1978 KX125 had straight upright mounts, they may have got the photos wrong in the manuals or possibly the preproduction prototype which they use for the photos for the manual may have had the 125 clamps - who knows. Also note on the preproduction KX250A4's which were given to the press for magazine testing in advance of the actual production bike launch had fins which ran all round the base of the forks below the axle, but the production bike had only token fins on the front section of the forks below the axle. They are great bikes, attention to detail which was comparable to that only seen on factory bikes at that time.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: A4 fork top clamp
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:26 am »
Thanks, Im nearly finished it and cant wait to get it out for a Blast!! ;D
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT