Author Topic: VMX Issue #49 is not far away now!  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMX Issue #49 is not far away now!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2012, 09:48:20 pm »
Nice issue. Is that NSR's SWM getting a guernsey next issue?
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
is this a thread Hijack :-[ :-[ :-[

Nah....Just wash my bike and we'll call it even ;D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:15:49 pm by Ted »
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:11 am »
VMX Issue #49 was mailed out to Subscribers

My best friend is now William Martin  :P  ;D
Best is in the West !!

SPANISH ARMADA

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 12:49:09 pm »
the bike is a 78  have the sales reciept with engine no from lyle obrien  not a  77 they have few differences exhaust is one and the tank decals r correct for 78 model cheers

Montynut

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 01:02:43 pm »
The Monty featured is indeed a '78 model it has the correct chamber but the incorrect silencer (it has a '79 414 silencer which is longer than the 100mm '78 VB silencer). The tank stripe is also incorrect as it is a '78 VB250 stripe the '78 VB360 had the same stripe as the '77 VB250 / 360. But I would have it in a heartbeat without question.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 04:56:24 pm »
I didn't even bother reading my copy for a week. For some reason, the Monty on the cover put me off.
Anyway, today I opened it up and I was bloody impressed.
Heaps of British soil, some fascinating 100cc machines, HEAPS of great info from enduro in Germany (where they know how to do the ISDT), a gorgeous RM125T, some good looking Hondas and a rather yummy little Maico.

So yeah, I went from yeah, yeah, to OH! YEAH! in about 20 minutes.

Great work fellas! Another cracker effort.
Luke

Montynut

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »
I think the Spring issue has a JR50C on the cover  ::) ;D can not wait probably break sales records.  ;D Sorry could not help myself  ;)

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »
I think the Spring issue has a JR50C on the cover  ::) ;D can not wait probably break sales records.  ;D Sorry could not help myself  ;)
you speak of sales records - 1200 sold in 2 years?  back in '77 Suzuki sold circa 50,000 RM's per year, plus Honda and Yamaha?  Perhaps I'm not the only one who wasn't captivated by the thing. <shrug> And as I said, the rest of the magazine was excellent.

Montynut

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 09:51:52 pm »
Who spoke of bike sales records I just mentioned a JR50C's no doubt a very fine tiny minibike for very small children ::). I did mention sales record of the mag ::)

I had several Suzukis back in the day all great bikes and raced them all with moderate success RM370A, RM400T, RM125B, RM125N, PE250C and Katana GSX1100SZ. Also had several Honda a few Kawsaki and probably a partridge in a pear tree.

Mate your problems seems to be that you can not appreciate someone elses hard work in restoring a very much under estimated bike that regardless of your own particular favourite brand is a great looking thing.

As far as production numbers go there are several million cases of AIDS distributed each year still don't want one ::)

There were like a few hundred true HLs Yamahas built, about 20 type 'D' Jaguars built on your logic they are three times as big a heap of shit as the Monty. Obviously you are not fond of Montesa bikes and I can live with that but truely "I didn't even bother reading my copy for a week. For some reason, the Monty on the cover put me off." has got to be the lamest statement I have ever read on this forum.

I love reading VMX for exactly the reason that you chose to leave it in the wrapper. To broaden my appreciation of all sorts of bikes, why I'd even read a story about a JR50C. Why? Because I am sure it has some interesting points. Yes even if it was on the cover ;D.

I also enjoyed the RM125T story but did not enjoy the 100cc article much and the German Enduro scene was not my particular interest but bloody hell I am grad they were in there otherwise I would never have read about them at all.

Please get a life if you felt that strongly about the cover of VMX ::) Enough said

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:25 pm »
 'Round at my local paper shop I grabbed the new mag and asked 'the man' to put it under the counter for me. I'll be back.
   I have one copy of every issue since and including No 1  plus a few extras from when ive doubled up when I saw a good looking machine on the cover only to find I had it already!
 Only thing is I'm dissapointed to see very little dirt track stuff in there compared to the earlier issues.
  Maybe this issue might have some when I finally get hold of it!
 Scraping around presently for the 'readies' to pay my way for my ride on the 15th!
cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:53 pm »
 Having just re-read that I'm not complaining , I enjoyed getting my bike ready today and Ill be there and into it!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!