Author Topic: pre 60 bike loan. i know its a big ask but someone might have one  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Does anyone know of, has or can swing a pre 60 bike for the nats ? maybe you cant ride, too old to ride not interested and so on, but would like to see you bike on the track again for a few laps.

i know its a big ask but the Goldstar we were going to enter has some issues that cant be sorted in time.   PRe 65 would also be oK as a second option.

But IF you or a freind has a pre 60/65 bike you arent going to take can we please ride it at the nats ? ill pay the entry and the fuel no issue and happy to run it as a demo bike back of pack if you feel its not up to racing.    OR even 1 or 2 rounds if you wan tto keep it low key, happy to even sit out a round to keep it safe.

Can you contact me or put them in touch with me as i would like to make something happen ASAP so COl can sort the class out.  cheers
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: pre 60 bike loan. i know its a big ask but someone might have one
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 02:04:17 pm »
I got one Freaky, Ron Chadwick has very kindly offered up his BSA Batam with a Villiers 8E engine to help fill the class, it is set up for trials and if nothing else we 'll be able to cut firewood with the rear sprocket. I can fit my Ossa seat to it to save my ass and we just need to find some spark.
Now all I need is a factory race shirt-did Villiers ever have them?? :D :D :D and where do I get some flying googles and jacket??

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »
There you go Freaky, should be able to scam an old moped and give EML a run.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:10:08 pm »
Good news to report that the loaner turned out to be a WINNER ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
A VERY BIG THANKS to Ron Chadwick as to due to his extreme kindness we are now winners of an Aussie title on the little jem of a Villiers powered Bantam although how one is to get more than 1 lap out of one without a seizier is beyond me. It locked up regularly either on the big uphill or shortly there after almost every lap. I have since been informed that they do it regularly and you just ave to live with it. The thing was, it would restart again with one or two kicks almost a soon as I found neutral and I could go on to do another lap so it became a sort of game I played with it whilest endeavoring to get it over the finish line.
It is however a very forgiving little bike and certainly no worse than the TS/DT/MT 125s I grew up riding in the early 70's-20 years after this one was made!! 

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »
Sorry Vaughan, scoring error. Title goes toGreg Leaney on the Tribsa.You guys did an awesome effort on those little bikes and I applaud you for your enthusiasm and was stoked to award you(and the other three) with the "Spirit of Vintage award" To me that at least equals a title.Couldyou get the medal back to me, and I'll have Mike send you the 2nd medal and get the third to Mike.Could anyone in touch with Greg let him know this outcome please. Apologies to all concerned

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 07:47:29 am »
No problem Super, I couldn't see how I could have won it but was told that the results were in and no longer provisional so we thought some sort of miracle had happened. I wasn't keeping tabs on any of the opposition as I thought there would be no need.
Still, second is a far better result than I could ever have imagined on the little bugger.

Cheers to you and all that helped-A fantastic event---and I 'll have to try again next year.