Author Topic: Looking for the owner of this CCM  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the owner of this CCM
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 08:53:08 am »
Any further StanS ?

Hi Alison, no I haven't had any reponse yet. Surely someone on the forum knows or knows of Don Macaulay from Adelaide? if so I would like any contact details possible.

Stan.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 09:47:20 am »
Hi,
If anyone knows this bike, looks like 75 with leading axle forks, I would like to know the frame number/sequence, my 75  doesn't have a rear frame loop, over the mudguard , I'd like to know if it was meant to have one,  or has someone cut it off, does any one know the frame number when they changed to no rear loop like the late 75's and  76's
cheers

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 01:21:10 pm »
Any further StanS ?

Surely someone on the forum knows or knows of Don Macaulay from Adelaide? if so I would like any contact details possible.
Stan.
bump
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2012, 08:02:01 pm »
G'day Stan
Interesting, I bought a 95 rotax ccm in 97 from a shop in Cairns. A Dutchman brought 3 into oz, raced one in mx, put a light kit on another and got it road registered and had the other on consignment at the shop I bought it from. Apparently he travelled between oz and home every few years and raced on the European circuit. First name was John. Will look to see if I have anything in my files. Going to Adelaide next week so if I can chase up anything let me know
Ross.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »
Dutch national champion at the time.
I think his name was John and

the guy i am looking for bought the bike from the Netherlands himself. And I think his first name was John.

this "Dutch Bastard" as he was affectionalty mentioned in VMX#2 keeps coming up in CCM conversations  ??? ...
who is he and is he still around.....??

There were a few importers Clem Nunn WA,Blair Harley NSW & Maico agent,Lester Rowely SA and Modak Melbourne..numbers imported in the 70's unknown  :(
quote: I filled my arms and car with CCM bits from a SA guy with shelves
full of the stuff.. :P
Another good mystery.  8)
ps every day's a productive day in vmx  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:51:54 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:07 pm »

Firko I maybe wrong here but this pic looks to me to be the track Billabong near Inverell  #105 is on CCM he was from Brisbane, I dont think those boys got down to Singleton much but all those guys did race that Inverell event which was sadly a one off. I maybe wrong but #20 could be Barry Patterson BSA and the guy who cant see is Patrick Kenny on a 350 motorsport
Best is in the West !!