Author Topic: chain guards on swing arm any pisc of how to mount one ?????  (Read 803 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
chain guards on swing arm any pisc of how to mount one ?????
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »
hi
anyone have some pics of how the chain guard is mounted when there is no lugs to fit. my flattrack bikes dont have the lugs on swing arm so i have to make something.
anyone have a easyer way than pulling the swing arm out and welding a lug then getting the swing arm replated or panted
jim

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: chain guards on swing arm any pisc of how to mount one ?????
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 03:59:48 pm »
clamps style. speedway have then and some small pit bikes use the same.  it just clamps on the tube section.  so long as the chain is inside or running on the arm then its cool if not then it can rotate into the wheel no doubt......

on my champion framer i used 2 pieces of flat sheet then clamped it in with 4 bolts ( 2 either side of arm, the bottom 2 bolts also picked up on a Suzuki or YAmaha guide like 74 model ones.  Seemed to work and stay in place.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:01:59 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Curly3

Re: chain guards on swing arm any pisc of how to mount one ?????
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 04:47:13 pm »
I can weld something on for you while its in the bike or as Freaky said, 2 plates & 4 bolts to clamp it to the arm.
Welded will look better.