Author Topic: EVO legal flatslide  (Read 14389 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: EVO legal flatslide
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 06:59:29 pm »
Hey Pete. I bought them from Ballards yonks ago. I guess they'd still have them. If you can clamp the front wheel then one of these on the back is all you need. If I'm only taking one bike I use two of these with no tie-downs. It's safer to pull down on a tyre than suspension...... ;)

No tank stickers for me. They only ever seem to last a couple of laps before I'm shredding them. I even bought some newer knee-braces (mine were off The Arc) hoping that would solve the problem but alas, no.

So now I let my seats do the talkin'....... :D
Pete you can buy those tie down like that, they make all sorts or hooks, belts and retaining webs now for front and rear use.

Best ones i seen are the front that just lock up onto the axle.  works but still spins me out that there going to fall over.  I dont understand them, but my eyes say they work.....
Thanks for the replies Kerry and Ross. I'll hunt some of them down - great idea.
Pete

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2012, 10:11:37 pm »

Unfortunately the manufacturers do, the development team has a limited time and budget either to up grade or develop a complete new model. There is a deadline to finish field work for the frame and dyno for the engine, then field testing of thr completed bike starts. Field testing is 2 weeks to a month. Then the tooling and production line must be established. MX pipes are by no means optimised they just 'work' and 'fit' on the bike and cost less than XX dollars to manufacture.
[/quote]

In Japan ,in former times at least , graduate engineers world start in the Motor bike dept after 3 or 4 years once they had cut their teeth they would be moved up to from single cylinder off road to multicylinder road or the Auto's .Which is why new model mx bikes were often not as good as the pervious model at the end of its run.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »
Yep, this "girl" is going home now, no point talking for the sake of it. All done, question answered.
K

Yes it seems that you have the numbers so I will retreat to the backbench. As a consolation prize I get the scoop to share with the good ol' gone back to modern boys at Wells rd.

maico police

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 07:28:30 am »
I think getting any improvements in lap times by barstardizing, be it in the engine, carburation, or frame geometry by the general public without stringent testing and evaluation (not "a guy told me this would really get her cracking.....") would be more good luck than anything else. Just an opinion......

Blinging a bike up is one thing, but with modifications like this you'll probably want to be carrying your 'onus of proof' with you because as we've seen in another couple of threads on here recently, without that, the old "they told me on oZvmx that it was ok" probably won't cut it.

This sorta thing just seems to be another spanner to stick in an already wobbly wheel. :(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:50:06 pm by Mont »