Author Topic: Cost of USA postage  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: Cost of USA postage
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
Just bought a gearbox main shaft with the 5 gears on it from " your trash my treasure " who I might add is a great bloke to deal with.
The postage $ 37 usd , this is TODAY's price.

Postage from Canada for 2 shafts and gears $50 usd -----> surface   and $107 :o ---> air.

Sounds like this guy might be pulling your leg.
If you do buy the thing check the price on the mail slip and if it's less than $77 usd then bag the guy on every forum you can.

85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 10:33:22 pm »
Just bought a gearbox main shaft with the 5 gears on it from " your trash my treasure " who I might add is a great bloke to deal with.
The postage $ 37 usd , this is TODAY's price.

Postage from Canada for 2 shafts and gears $50 usd -----> surface   and $107 :o ---> air.

Sounds like this guy might be pulling your leg.
If you do buy the thing check the price on the mail slip and if it's less than $77 usd then bag the guy on every forum you can.

yeah thats more or less my plan.

Ive just re read his comment, and it seems as tho he is asking more postage for me paying by paypal, which is against the rules.
he wants money to drive to the post office, and wants money to cover his ebay fee's!

Taka 100

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 08:03:36 am »
its like the cheap lunches that are around at the moment thai $8 with rice (over half the meal is /cheap rice) steak, chicken ,fish and chips at the pub (over half the meal / cheap chips)$6 then if you want salad extra $2  then if you want flavoured gravy $2 with a drink(beer cost heaps) a decent pie cost $4 with sauce and a drink (another $3) we are always happy when we are filling out guts with something that we think is cheap but that is not the case there is always a spin on the sale , maybe their economy is that rooted that they scrounge for a few extra bucks and give themselves a little beer money for going through the process, i have never had a problem with parts from U.S. just takes time and the postage fee is what it is , you dont know the whole picture and if you dont like it dont buy it , a lot of people are stinging from when our dollar was low and built stuff that now they think they can get a  premium price in a not so premium time ,(i know ive got a couple in the shed , hood oraments /look great totally useless , use them and they are in the S/Hand market for half the price but still twice the real price) as far as a lot of people i have sat around with over a coupla beers are concerned they appreciate that we can actually get this stuff we need or want from somewhere and after all they are part of our vmx scene , and a s far as people bringing in heaps of bikes and parts i am glad someone is having a dig , good on them maybe things will eventually get back to what they should be so more people can afford the scene we all love and plenty bikes and parts to go around to get into vmx keep posting those parts you U.S. guys we need them , thankyou