Author Topic: Interstate bods(or anyone else for that matter) need 5mins of your time please  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
It will have SFA effect on your lives but a big affect on a number of ours in NSW, and in particular racers from Newcastle.For years the MG Car Club has been trying to get their DA approved for a road race/drag strip/ hill climb complex at Ringwood(adjacent to Barleigh Ranch) the Port Stevens Council has been hmmm...... hmmm.... somewhat intransigent on their decision on approving the DA(a LONG saga cut short there). It is coming for a vote soon and a few emails from interstate punters asking about accomodation, tourist stuff, how much they will be looking forward to visiting the area etc etc.This would serve to remind the council that racers spend money in the area Here is the email the developer is circulating.
Thanks for your time believe me it will make a difference.
Cheers
Lozza

Support the Ringwood Park Motorsport Complex.

The DA for the Motorplex Ringwood Park Development upgrade has been readvertised in the
Port Stephens Examiner on Thursday 20 March 2008 by the Port Stephens Council (PSC). Revised plans and the Species Impact Study are on display and the Council has asked for written submissions.

We are asking everyone (especially those who live in the Port Stephens Council area) to support Motorplex and the MG Car Club Committee by writing to the council expressing your SUPPORT for this project.

Facts that may be mentioned, preferably in your own words:

•The revised plans seem to be designed to minimise the affects on all the threatened species populations, their habitats and the ecological communities. The proposed planting of additional flora and trees will significantly enhance the quality of all the Endangered Ecological Community areas.
•Venue for safe Senior & Junior driver development.
•Venue for awareness & defensive driving training.
-Police, Fire, Ambulance & Australia Post.
-High School driver education programs.
-Corrective Services (from the court system).
•Increased tourism, revenue and employment for the Raymond Terrace and surrounding areas.
•Venue for drivers from Central Coast, Newcastle, Upper & lower Hunter Mid North Coast as well as Port Stephens to compete in club level motorsport in a safe & controlled environment.
•Venue for Hunter region bicycle road race training & events (safe & off the roads).
•The land is already council approved and used for motorsport (including the drag strip in 1989)
•It would seem that Military Noise is more of a concern in the proposed Kings Hill development than any perceived noise problem from upgrading the Ringwood Park facility.

This may be your last chance to give your opinion to the council. Don’t let all our effort of the past seven years be in vain.

This effort has already cost over three quarters of a million dollars let alone the half million dollars plus, cost to the PSC. Much of this could have been used to upgrade the facility.

Also tell the council that you like to address the court about your concerns. (objectors, such as the C.R.A.B.S., group will be doing so). We must not be outnumbered.

Written letters or emails (submissions) must contain your name, address and phone number & have to be received by the council before the 20 April 2008.

Post letters to
DA NO: 16-2002-42-1
Scott Anson
P.O. BOX 42
Raymond Terrace NSW 2324

Emails send to
[email protected]
Attention Scott Anson

also cc to
[email protected]
(this will allow us to monitor the submissions the council receives)

Send this information to all in your “address book”, and then ask them to send the information on to all in their “address books”.

Greg Hunter. President.
MG Car Club Newcastle.

John Collins. Vice President.
MG Car Club Newcastle.

Peter Lee. Director.
Motorplex Australia.

1st April 2008.

P.S the date is NO joke  ;D ;D ;D

Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Mate, I'll swap ya!
I'll send an e-mail if you'll sign the 'F*ck off 96db' petition.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

TM BILL

OK Lozza to long to read  ::) but if you say its good me & DJ are in forward wot we gotta sign and were in Bill  :) :)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Email composed and sent to the Council. I may never get there but stuff the pathetic idiots that have to hate others enjoying their lives, on ground that has been approved for the lawful desired activities. Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Hey Tim would you mind emailing me a copy so i can cheat a bit as i'm not a great composer . But having already lost a track as a junior (Waverly Mini Bike club) all the hard work that goes into something like that and someones see's it and thinks those people look like there having too much fun and i can hear them. Lets tax them or legislate them out of there . We might need these guys numbers one day to keep us goin  . [email protected]
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Sorry fellas had "save sent" switched off....... and of course I noticed this after deleting the mail and draft!!!!
About four lines as a straight to the point intro. Then back it up with your reasons again briefly. don't worry that it may sound "corny" to others ,they will continue to read it as it is not a form type generic boring letter. Highlight some of Lozza"s facts such as it has been approved for the use in earlier days. Suggest that you and your friends will be using the said complex, staying and spending the true God of money in their area.  Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.