Author Topic: Old Old school Jersey and goggles.  (Read 5472 times)

Taka 100

Re: Old Old school Jersey and goggles.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 08:34:07 am »
every now and then lowes has long sleve jesery type T shirts with flags and motives on the front beats the hell outa paying 40-70- bucks ea  you can have fresh ones every race for the pics even the wide horizontal striped long sleve footy type
klof

and as far as open face helmets weeellllllll batman you ever had your jaw wired and ate your lunch through a staw for a coupla months (great if your wanting a jenny craig program cheap)  its not worth it , put your face mask on the back of you helmet and when the visually impaired come up to pass you they freak and think they are going to have a headon or they have taken the wrong turn and back off so you can get away again

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 10:54:48 am »
Brad I have some old school Barrafuldi's and a Martini shirt (same as Davy Crocketts) PM me if your interested. Jerry

oldfart

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 11:34:03 am »
metro Postage is way over the top for me.   online postal  quotes $125 usd  for  1 shirt and  1 pair pants

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 01:45:22 pm »
stew must have up the rates paid $50 5 day service for pants and shirt to Unzud
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 10:50:28 am »
In '73 I lived in my Golden Breed MX jersey, it had double layer on the chest and down the outside of the arms.  Golden Breed use to sponsor lots of racing; I wonder if you could get them to re-enter the sport?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 11:43:11 am »
I wonder if you could get them to re-enter the sport?
Golden Breed got eaten up by Hang Ten and removed from the market to keep the t shirt market clear for their products. Unfortunately not that long after Hang Ten also got swallowed up in some sort of corporate takeover themselves. Golden Breed and Rat were two Aussie brands that were as good as any American product but unfortunately found it hard to compete against the imports.

Who remembers those awful Tycon jerseys that had foam sown into the front of them. The flaw in the plan was that the foam soaked up the sweat and the weight of the extra fluid in the jerasey had them sagging and looking (and feeling) like crap by the end of a moto.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 02:08:20 pm »
In '73 I lived in my Golden Breed MX jersey, it had double layer on the chest and down the outside of the arms.  Golden Breed use to sponsor lots of racing; I wonder if you could get them to re-enter the sport?

And its Australian owned   :P  8)

http://www.goldenbreed.com.au/the-golden-breed-story
"If you've got the juice, we've got the gear"
Best is in the West !!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »
Golden Breed disappeared for yonks, I was unaware they were reborn in the 90's. I'm glad they're still around but they're a lot lower profile than when they were on every cool young blokes back. It'd be great to get them involved in VMX in a way that JT has been reborn but whoever approached them would have to present a pretty convincing argument that there's quids to be made. The VMX market's too small and the modern kiddies wouldn't be seen dead wearing anything other than what their American heroes wear. It'd be a hard market.

Ijust bought two pairs of boardies and a couple of caps and a beanie.....gnarly dude!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:36:35 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:18 pm »
Surely Firko with the VMX market on the east coast Golden Breeds could be contacted from the right source for a promo deal..throw an old Golden Breed Poster under Managements nose with an Inpending Dirt Track Nats etc in the pipe line (no pun intended)  ;D
I mean Aussie's have always been goer's..
They may just have some MX stuff stashed away also  :P  :P

If Siege can do it and we buy his shirts..why not the other way round !! Just what the Doc ordered  ;)

This, another from May 1976.
The '76 5 round series was the first to run outside of NSW
with the prior 2 series confined to Amaroo Park only.
How do I know..I just read about it. So it all started in 1974 ;D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:52:30 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 07:54:24 pm »
yes, well,..A jersey is a cow!! Never ever have i used the term.  :o and i'm as aussie as they come mate.Before Golden Breed came on the scene the good old Speedo Windcheater was the fashion. Also the good old woollen JUMPER that Mum knitted or a favourite footy JUMPER. Not a JERSEY!! ;D Soon we'll be calling dacks trousers ::)
     cheers  Mark

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »
ahh like these !!!   8)

Best is in the West !!